VSN New F-104 Mod

I understand this is a mod still in WIP...
just a note to the developers of this magnificent mod (I love the 104), it seems the trailing edge flap in LAND position only droops down around 30° while it actually should be 45°.

Positions beside UP (Leading and trailing edge 0° droop) are:
- Take/Off: Leading edge down 15°, trailing edge flap down 15°
- LAND: Leading edge down 30°, trailing edge flap down 45°

Maybe this can be fixed with a future update? Thanks for all the hard work 🙂

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Have a question about the cockpit lights. May be stupid but... I cannot turn them on.

I created a night mission and it is impossible to fly it because gauges cannot be illuminated. There is a setting though in Controls/Systems/Illumination Cockpit which is L by default but... not working for me.

Can this be solved, one way or another?

Jenato

Sorry Urbi but I cannot find "Cockpit Light Toggle" under the keyboard shortcuts. I wonder if I have the correct Mod... I have "Illuminate Cockpit" in the F-104 shortcuts which is L by default but this does not work at all. The Mod I have is the VSN _F104G_v2.7.5.01+FC3+F104+EFM.

This is the version where the liveries of the Belgian F-104G version work.

I also have tried out the 2.7.10.01 and the 2.11.222.01 but as the skin of the Belgian version turns out 'distorted - the metal skin is devided in little metal like squares' I have the 2.7.5.01 installed. But I can assure you, on not a single one of all these versions the cockpit lights can be put on. 

May be there is already another, more updated version available? 

Jenato

Just discovered something... In version 2.11.222.01 there is a keyboard shortcut which is called Flood/Instruments Lights Toggle under Systems. It must set to own preference, but... it works! Cockpit lights turn on!

This option is not available for the 2.7.5.01 though, which is a pitty for me because I cannot use the Belgian skin in the 2.11.222.01 version. 

Still I wonder if there is not a newer version of this magnificent Mod available...

Or skins for the Belgian version I can use on the 222.01 version...

Oh my... figured it all out... what a night's rest can do...

It seems the 2.11.222.01 version is the latest one... and Flood/Instruments Light Toggle was probably added by the creators of this Mod to activate the cockpit lights. 

Above all, a little bit of searching on this wonderful site made me discover the skins of jocko417. The Belgian skins can be used with the 222.01 version, but his "Shared" zip must be put in the Liveries of the F-104G too. 

Solved!

Nevertheless, Urbi, thanks for your concern and as a matter of fact your reply made me search thoroughly this morning with finding the solution as a nice result...

👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:11 AM, RhineHornet said:

I understand this is a mod still in WIP...
just a note to the developers of this magnificent mod (I love the 104), it seems the trailing edge flap in LAND position only droops down around 30° while it actually should be 45°.

Positions beside UP (Leading and trailing edge 0° droop) are:
- Take/Off: Leading edge down 15°, trailing edge flap down 15°
- LAND: Leading edge down 30°, trailing edge flap down 45°

Maybe this can be fixed with a future update? Thanks for all the hard work 🙂

Thanks a lot. Right now it is 15/15, 30/30.

We'll take a look to increase angle of TE Flap.

Cheers 

PJ

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The new cockpit is a…

…BLAST!!!

I fly VR only and this cockpit is finally a worthy fit for this great Mod.
Kudos to PeeJott and his crew.
The icing on the cake would be a F-104 specific radar (like in the F-4 Mod) to get rid of the F-15 stuff.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 7:38 PM, Doc3908 said:

VSN have been releasing one hit after the next lately. Loving the F-104!!

Does anyone know if the engine can be restarted in the air? 

its difficult if not impossible.  you need ground power and a huffer cart to start. most (not all) F-104s have a wind turbine that can provide hydraulic power, but unsure if it provides any electical energy. if it does, then Id say yes it can mid-air start but you would need some airspeed to windmill the engine at the right rpm.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Still requires FC3?  I thought I heard it was stand alone now.

Where you read that? ... the filename is a clear hint: "VSN_F104G v2.8.2.200 EFM FC3.7z"

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 3/20/2023 at 9:10 AM, Blinde said:

How about fix for the MT update?

On the Century Series discord they were asking for the gpu and cpu combination if your 104 isn't working, or even if it is because that might help sort out the problem.

1 hour ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

I think it was a recent Grim Reapers video on YouTube.  Or maybe someone else's.

Guess one can not trust the info on YT being accurate 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 3/5/2023 at 7:23 PM, Rifter said:

The new cockpit is a…

…BLAST!!!

I fly VR only and this cockpit is finally a worthy fit for this great Mod.
Kudos to PeeJott and his crew.
The icing on the cake would be a F-104 specific radar (like in the F-4 Mod) to get rid of the F-15 stuff.

We are working on the standalone version with a Radar more like the 104...but it will not be at all easy to operate 😉

• Like 4