F16 Auto Lase After Bomb Release?

Lowlyslows

What about the IRL aircraft, did that have an auto lase feature?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, bart said:

What about the IRL aircraft, did that have an auto lase feature?

Good question. I read on another forum that you could set the time the laser would turn on on the lase portion of the DED but I couldn’t find it. If it’s not done in the actual viper then it shouldn’t be in the game. However, I thought this was a feature of the pod itself, maybe I’m wrong.

40 minutes ago, Lowlyslows said:

Good question. I read on another forum that you could set the time the laser would turn on on the lase portion of the DED but I couldn’t find it. If it’s not done in the actual viper then it shouldn’t be in the game. However, I thought this was a feature of the pod itself, maybe I’m wrong.

Agree, if it's not in the real A/C then we shouldn't get it either. If it is a function of the pod itself then what we have ATM may not support it, but the Sniper XR pod we get further down the line may have this feature, I'm really not sure.

As long as ED stick with authenticity then I'm ok with that. 

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I thought this is a feature of the Lightning II Targeting Pod in real life... not that much of the Aircraft itself.

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Well sure enough there is a line missing from the DED LIST MISC  LASER page for auto lase timer in DCS.

Pretty sure the real F-16 can do auto lase when using the right pod obviously. The lasing system is part of the F-16 internal systems otherwise why would there a Laser arm switch on the MISC panel. Sure it can't fire any laser without the targeting pod, but lasing is settable in the F-16 system and the auto lase feature is missing from DCS. Hopefully implemented in the future

Edited by Red Dog

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]