Closer to Own-Missile-Lock Fix?

wilbur81

Feel free to merge threads if necessary... are we getting any closer to a fix for the Hornet's locking up missiles over large RCS targets? It makes the TWS stepping feature pretty dicey when I have 3 bandits 20 miles in front of me and stepping from one L&S to another locks my (or other) jets missiles instead... particularly when in AUTO mode. Other than this one thing, the DCS APG-73 is working quite well. 👍

Thanks!

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Other than this one thing, the DCS APG-73 is working quite well. 

Thanks!

If only that was true. It most certainly is not working well. Biggest issues are brick timeout affecting MSI trackfile deletion, and incorrect target prioritization with L+S.

Not to mention all the missing MSI features, even just the radar contribution circle would be great to have right now. Oh, and MEM is nonexistent outside of STT.

Mobius708

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team

Hi, I have moved this out of the bugs section, if you want to make a bug report please include a short track replay showing a problem. 

Locking own missiles is still being tweaked and we will let you know most likely in a future change log when it is adjusted. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

21 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

If only that was true. It most certainly is not working well. Biggest issues are brick timeout affecting MSI trackfile deletion, and incorrect target prioritization with L+S.

Not to mention all the missing MSI features, even just the radar contribution circle would be great to have right now. Oh, and MEM is nonexistent outside of STT.

Mobius708

Haha. I stand corrected. :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Yep…I didn’t know locking your own missles was an issue until last night when I rippled 4 missiles at 3 aircraft- and wondering why the target ranges were incorrect- watched my aim-120s all fly away in a single file line all the way to their death

37 minutes ago, Mike_CK said:

Yep…I didn’t know locking your own missles was an issue until last night when I rippled 4 missiles at 3 aircraft- and wondering why the target ranges were incorrect- watched my aim-120s all fly away in a single file line all the way to their death

Indeed... though the strangest behavior I've observed with this bug (I need to provide a track of course) is when my wingmen, in formation 1 mile abreast of me in spread, fire and I pick up their missiles WAAAYYY off boresight when I'm stepping through TWS targets  dead off of my nose.

Did I (please say yes!!!) miss some update? Even though I concur on the aforementioned issues, I still find the most annoying one to be the ease with which tracks are lost when slightly beaming. I just cannot think loosing a tanker 15-20nm off your nose, at the same altitude or even higher (so no ground clutter against which to blend) is normal. It geta on my nerves when CAPping hostiles come and go so easily… but if that’s the way it is IRL, I am happy to stand corrected

46 minutes ago, raus said:

Did I (please say yes!!!) miss some update? Even though I concur on the aforementioned issues, I still find the most annoying one to be the ease with which tracks are lost when slightly beaming. I just cannot think loosing a tanker 15-20nm off your nose, at the same altitude or even higher (so no ground clutter against which to blend) is normal. It geta on my nerves when CAPping hostiles come and go so easily… but if that’s the way it is IRL, I am happy to stand corrected

It is not anywhere near that bad real world.

• Like 2

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

On 1/20/2022 at 6:34 PM, raus said:

but if that’s the way it is IRL, I am happy to stand corrected

IRL trackfile rank takes into account also target speed and aspect (something moving fast away from you is less important).

In DCS it doesnt, so the missiles mess up your undesignate-button stepping sequence.

• Like 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

IRL trackfile rank takes into account also target speed and aspect (something moving fast away from you is less important).
In DCS it doesnt, so the missiles mess up your undesignate-button stepping sequence.
That and it also takes HAFU type into account. If you have verified bandits (red diamond HAFUs) approaching you, they'll remain in the first ranks, instead of the unknown contact that's speeding away from you.

The other problem is that in DCS, trackfiles are built immediately, after a single hit. IRL, it's possible that your radar wouldn't detect the missile in every frame in a way that would allow it to correlate hits and create a trackfile for it that quickly.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 month later...