Vibration/simshaker feedbacks ?

Hello pilots

in the continuation of my small VR cockpit system 

I wanted to dig the way of the vibrations of the seat

I wanted to know if you had already tested, your feedback and your advice on equipment and installation?

A friend also told me about Simshaker
https://andres-shop.simshaker.com/jetpad-jetseat/24-111-vibrating-pad-simshaker-jetpad-fse.html#/11-color-black_chern

Thank you for your lights ! Dura

• Like 1

I'm curious to know too if these 'Jetseats' are worth the expense.  It will cost me at least $409 CAD for one.   With the faster shipping option (2-5 days instead of 60+!!) it's another $90! I also see that the actual seat has radically changed from the 'massage pad' that they used to offer.  They must be making them in house now? 

I'm not sure if they also charge duties or additional taxes when it crosses the border.  Has anyone here from Canada ordered one?

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

7 hours ago, aleader said:

I'm curious to know too if these 'Jetseats' are worth the expense.  It will cost me at least $409 CAD for one.   With the faster shipping option (2-5 days instead of 60+!!) it's another $90! I also see that the actual seat has radically changed from the 'massage pad' that they used to offer.  They must be making them in house now? 

I'm not sure if they also charge duties or additional taxes when it crosses the border.  Has anyone here from Canada ordered one?

yes they are, maybe you could search the web for some users selling theirs from USA and get a discount for second hand units.
I don´t fly unless the seat is on. I hope that helps you making a decision 😉

16 hours ago, dureiken said:
Hello pilots

in the continuation of my small VR cockpit system 

I wanted to dig the way of the vibrations of the seat

I wanted to know if you had already tested, your feedback and your advice on equipment and installation?

A friend also told me about Simshaker
https://andres-shop.simshaker.com/jetpad-jetseat/24-111-vibrating-pad-simshaker-jetpad-fse.html#/11-color-black_chern

Thank you for your lights ! Dura

Whatever path you choose, jetseat or shakers, you are making the right decision. The feedback they provide is amazing. Also bear in mind both options are compatible to each other.
Also make sure you feed them with DCS telemetry instead of just sound waves activation.
My advice for shakers though, install a pair number of units so you can feel the effects on stereo mode. A single unit just doesn´t cut it and falls short.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I have a car seat mounted on top of a plywood box.  I mounted two 50-watt AuraSound transducers (bass shakers) on the bottom side of the top panel of the box.  The vibrations made it through the wood and seat padding so that I can feel them while sitting in the seat.   Very worthwhile addition to the flight sim experience.  I use a Dayton Audio 200 watt amplifier to drive the bass shakers.  Pictures attached.

Sorry I cannot get the the pictures to appear in correct chronological order, but you should get the idea.

Re-assembled Cockpit Chair With Flight Control Hardware-1.jpg

Chair Base Platform, Top View-1.jpg

Bass Shaker Mount-2.jpg

Transducers Bolted & Wired Inside Chair Base-1.jpg

Edited by Bob1943

4 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

yes they are, maybe you could search the web for some users selling theirs from USA and get a discount for second hand units.
I don´t fly unless the seat is on. I hope that helps you making a decision 😉

Whatever path you choose, jetseat or shakers, you are making the right decision. The feedback they provide is amazing. Also bear in mind both options are compatible to each other.
Also make sure you feed them with DCS telemetry instead of just sound waves activation.
My advice for shakers though, install a pair number of units so you can feel the effects on stereo mode. A single unit just doesn´t cut it and falls short.

I'm thinking I will just get the Jetseat.  After adding up the cost of separate pieces for the 'shaker' setup and trying to add it to my current home-made sim rig (pictured), I'll be into it for over $200, and I'm not sure I'd get the same effect?  Or would there be a good way to install those to my rig (it rolls on heavy duty casters)?  I thought about cutting the back of the seat and installing the wooden board, as in the OP's original video.  I'm assuming though that the Jetseat would still be a lot 'better'?

In addition to DCS I will also use it for racing games and IL2.  Do I need to pay for the software for this on top of buying the Jetseat, or is that included?  Andre's website is not clear in this regard.

Desk Side.jpg

Desk Rear.jpg

Desk Back.jpg

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

On 10/8/2021 at 3:33 AM, aleader said:

I'm thinking I will just get the Jetseat.  After adding up the cost of separate pieces for the 'shaker' setup and trying to add it to my current home-made sim rig (pictured), I'll be into it for over $200, and I'm not sure I'd get the same effect?  Or would there be a good way to install those to my rig (it rolls on heavy duty casters)?  I thought about cutting the back of the seat and installing the wooden board, as in the OP's original video.  I'm assuming though that the Jetseat would still be a lot 'better'?

In addition to DCS I will also use it for racing games and IL2.  Do I need to pay for the software for this on top of buying the Jetseat, or is that included?  Andre's website is not clear in this regard.

Desk Side.jpg

Desk Rear.jpg

Desk Back.jpg

A massive benefit of Jetseat vibrators is that they are placed very close to your body, hence they don´t need to be very powerful or big in size, contrary to shakers which are bigger and even depending on external amps, and more expensive as you noticed.
If you are considering adding shakers, a key point is isolation. You want all the energy the shaker creates directed to your body rather than disperse all along the structure, seat chassis, side consoles and floor. Long story short, the better the isolation, the smaller the required shakers for an equivalent amount of feeling.
Seat cars are built with confort in mind so they have think padding, that´s why many users choose racing seats, it´s a matter of balance.
With these factors, I think you choosing the Jetseat is the right solution.
For using the Jetseat with IL-2, it´s mandatory you pay for Andre´s Simshaker Wings software.
For DCS, you can use free Simshaker for Aviators, or again Simshaker Wings software
For racing games, you can use free SimHub software, or Andre´s Simshaker Wheels software.

I tried to put it clear, don´t hesitate to ask more questions if you need it.

On 10/8/2021 at 1:57 AM, Bob1943 said:

Bass Shaker Mount-2.jpg

That´s a very decent setup and man cave, sir, enjoy it!!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

5 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

A massive benefit of Jetseat vibrators is that they are placed very close to your body, hence they don´t need to be very powerful or big in size, contrary to shakers which are bigger and even depending on external amps, and more expensive as you noticed.
If you are considering adding shakers, a key point is isolation. You want all the energy the shaker creates directed to your body rather than disperse all along the structure, seat chassis, side consoles and floor. Long story short, the better the isolation, the smaller the required shakers for an equivalent amount of feeling.
Seat cars are built with confort in mind so they have think padding, that´s why many users choose racing seats, it´s a matter of balance.
With these factors, I think you choosing the Jetseat is the right solution.
For using the Jetseat with IL-2, it´s mandatory you pay for Andre´s Simshaker Wings software.
For DCS, you can use free Simshaker for Aviators, or again Simshaker Wings software
For racing games, you can use free SimHub software, or Andre´s Simshaker Wheels software.

I tried to put it clear, don´t hesitate to ask more questions if you need it.

Very clear, thanks a lot!  It should be this clear on the website description with the product.  So I will have to get the Simshaker Wings software which will cover IL2, but are you sure it's for DCS?  No mention of DCS here:  https://simshaker.com/guides/wings/ 

SimShaker for Aviators mentions DCS here:  https://simshaker.com/guides/cases/

The next obvious question however is if the paid software is actually better than the free stuff?

I've had mine for 2-3 years and can confirm what Tundra has said, i.e.

- DCS uses the free Simshaker for aviators

- IL2 requires Wings

- Racing sims (e.g. AC and RF2) require Wheels

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

24 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I've had mine for 2-3 years and can confirm what Tundra has said, i.e.

- DCS uses the free Simshaker for aviators

- IL2 requires Wings

- Racing sims (e.g. AC and RF2) require Wheels

Ok, I see, thanks. Tundra's post actually says I can use either or for DCS, but I don't believe that's correct. 

So Wings I have to pay for if I want to play IL2, but the other two (Simshaker for Aviators and SimHub for racing) are free.  What is confusing is that there are different links, one shows a cost (for Wings), the other (this one:  https://simshaker.com/software/general/) doesn't show a cost, just a download link. 

I assume you need to pay once you install it or something?  And if I do have to pay, I further assume it's a one-time cost?  I know you get 10 licenses, but is that it if those get used up?  Again, very sparse details on Andre's site.

Edited by aleader

4 hours ago, aleader said:

Ok, I see, thanks. Tundra's post actually says I can use either or for DCS, but I don't believe that's correct. 

Maybe, I just assumed that, I never bought SimShaker Wings software. I bought IL-2 several months ago but never installed it. I wish I had more leisure time.

22 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Maybe, I just assumed that, I never bought SimShaker Wings software. I bought IL-2 several months ago but never installed it. I wish I had more leisure time.

No big deal, I just want to be very sure how much cash I'm going to have to shell out when buying this thing.  The fact that I can use it for so many different games that I own is the only reason I'm considering it.  Has anyone received one of these recently?  I'm wondering how close the shipping estimates are to reality.

1 hour ago, aleader said:

No big deal, I just want to be very sure how much cash I'm going to have to shell out when buying this thing.  The fact that I can use it for so many different games that I own is the only reason I'm considering it.  Has anyone received one of these recently?  I'm wondering how close the shipping estimates are to reality.

Pay close attention because unless Im mistaken, Andre was facing several personal issues, hence deliveries were being delayed. You´d better ask him personally.

18 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Pay close attention because unless Im mistaken, Andre was facing several personal issues, hence deliveries were being delayed. You´d better ask him personally.

I have emailed him about a week ago and haven't received a response yet, for what that's worth.  I have been watching though and as fast as the product comes in stock it gets snapped up and goes out of stock, so that must be a good sign, no?  If he's a one-man show he may just be dedicating himself to getting them out the door?  I will email again  though to ask about shipping.

EDIT:  received a response within hours from Andre.  He's still in business, nothing is affecting it according to him.

Edited by aleader

Andre directed me to his 'Sergio' partner site as they have stock:  https://sergio-shop.simshaker.com/en/glavnaya/21-simshaker-jetpad-vibrating-pad.html

Has anyone here ordered from this site with success?

EDIT:  I ordered one from this site today after discussing several things with Sergio.  I'll post my experience when I receive it.

Edited by aleader

On 10/12/2021 at 4:50 PM, aleader said:

Andre directed me to his 'Sergio' partner site as they have stock:  https://sergio-shop.simshaker.com/en/glavnaya/21-simshaker-jetpad-vibrating-pad.html

Has anyone here ordered from this site with success?

EDIT:  I ordered one from this site today after discussing several things with Sergio.  I'll post my experience when I receive it.

Thanks a lot, I send an email without answer atm

23 hours ago, dureiken said:

Thanks a lot, I send an email without answer atm

He's been very communicative, even though his english isn't great.  I've already run into a payment issue however.  He's telling me that he can't 'receive' the payment from Paypal.  It shows as 'pending' on my credit card, and my Paypal balance is now zero.  I used Paypal because I had a balance (about half the payment).  It also shows 'payment accepted' for my order in my account on the Sergio site.

Below is the cryptic information regarding payment on their site.  When you go to pay, Paypal is an option (despite what it says below in red) and it says beside it 'Safe and Secure option'.  I'm thinking maybe the 'balance' I'm using is a problem, or is it the fact that I only have a credit card hooked to my Paypal account?  From what's below, I can't tell if they're talking about actual credit cards or what.  What is a Mastercard 'bank card'?  Does that just mean credit card or is that debit?  

We'll see how it goes...

EDIT: Received a refund, but lost $25, I'm assuming for Paypal fees.  Now I need to figure out who's fault this was...

Secure payments

I accept payments via PayPal or VISA, MasterCard bank cards.

The main currency of this e-shop is Ruble (RUB). Prices in other currencies are for customers convenience and reference only. PayPal or a bank may take you some fee for currency conversion.

Unfortunately, business-to-business payments with PayPal are restricted in my country. In such a case please try to pay from some other private account or use another payment option (with VISA or MasterCard bank cards).

If the payment with the bank card doesn't go through, please contact your bank customer service and ask them to let the payment pass. Usually that helps.

Edited by aleader

I'm not from USA or from Canada, I'm from Italy, but I have a simshaker jetpad. Andre is from Russia so I had to pay extra import taxes, I guess some import fee is required for North America too. For DCS (and msfs and x-plane, if you also fly civilian) the freeware simshaker for aviators is needed. You need payware simshaker wings for Il-2 great battles. You can download it for free and test the demo version so you can check if It works with your setup, but you have to buy a licence for the full use of the software. Simshaker wheels works the same for driving simulators, but I do not have it. The jetpad itself is a very good device and Andre's support is wonderful (I had a broken vibrating motor and Andre helped me to investigate and find the damage, sent me a replacement part and detailed instructions to change it for free, I've only had to send him back the broken one). No other issues since then. Highly recommended.

Edited by nessuno0505
  • Like 1

Which games work with which software:

https://andres-shop.simshaker.com/content/8-supported-games

He’s assembling his own since Gametrix and the og seat is defunct.

It’s been a while since I’ve received mine, so I can’t remember if there were any duties or crazy fees. That probably means there weren’t any. OP, please update the thread about that when you receive, for future reference.

Edited by cordite
received, not had

• 3 weeks later...

FYI in case anyone's interested.  I never did buy one as they apparently do not accept credit cards?!  This is the reason my Paypal didn't work as I only have a credit card connected to it.  I've never had a Paypal transaction refused before now.  Unfortunately they don't mention this on their site (see confusing 'Payment' paragraph above...VISA 'bank' cards??). 

In the end, Sergio offered to cover my $25 loss if/when I order again (which is the right move, and I appreciate that), and told me he'd let me know when they accept credit card, which he said at the time would be in a 'few days'.  I'm still waiting...

EDIT (Nov. 10th): Apparently they WON'T cover my loss and instead are saying I can just buy it for the now 5% reduced price that they are offering, which doesn't cover my loss.  I figure I should get it for the 5% discount PLUS my loss, as the 5% is available to everyone.

Edited by aleader

• 1 month later...

I've recently purchased a JetSeat from Andre's just a few weeks ago.  Transaction went well, very fast shipping.  Setup was a momentary challenge as previously I had buttkicker and used a different software to power the buttkicker.  Andre was great with all of my stupid questions, telling me I had the wrong software and to use the Simshsker for Aviators, which is free.  Installed that and good to go.  Went on youtube to check out some videos on settings, but overall a very positive experience.  Typical DCS enthusiast wanting to get this assembled quickly and without reading the directions fully.  Andre was a champ and was super patient with all of my questions.  Can't recommend Andre's customer service and follow thru enough, the Jetseat really completes my rig now.  

Edited by macman1
spelling error

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2021 at 11:48 AM, macman1 said:

I've recently purchased a JetSeat from Andre's just a few weeks ago.  Transaction went well, very fast shipping.  Setup was a momentary challenge as previously I had buttkicker and used a different software to power the buttkicker.  Andre was great with all of my stupid questions, telling me I had the wrong software and to use the Simshsker for Aviators, which is free.  Installed that and good to go.  Went on youtube to check out some videos on settings, but overall a very positive experience.  Typical DCS enthusiast wanting to get this assembled quickly and without reading the directions fully.  Andre was a champ and was super patient with all of my questions.  Can't recommend Andre's customer service and follow thru enough, the Jetseat really completes my rig now.  

How did you pay?  Credit card?  Debit Card?  Paypal?