Show message everytime a trigger is tripped (Loop)

TheTrooper

Hi All. I'm having an issue with a message being displayed everytime a trigger is tripped. The following works, however it keeps getting repeated constantly. I only want to display the message once everytime it is triggered, not repeated contantly until the switch. Any ideas?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

Repetitive Action repeats every second as the name implies. Any message you place in that trigger will repeat. You'll need to put the "In Zone" message in another trigger.

Maybe something like:

Repetitive > Blue in Zone > Flag On 1001

Switched Condition > Flag On 1001 > Message to Coalition In Zone

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

22 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

Repetitive Action repeats every second as the name implies. Any message you place in that trigger will repeat. You'll need to put the "In Zone" message in another trigger.

Maybe something like:

Repetitive > Blue in Zone > Flag On 1001

Switched Condition > Flag On 1001 > Message to Coalition In Zone

I tried this and it just broke.

I have uplaoded the .miz file. Anyone feel free to play around and see if you can figure it out.

Message-Loop.miz

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

AS Spanker shows, the issue with your initial logic as the "Repetitive" trigger kept turning the flag back on.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Still not working. Seems to still repeat itself after however many seconds. The idea is;
1. A message will pop up when a coalition is in a zone whenever a coalition will enter it each time.
2. If any member of that coalition is now not in the zone it will reset itself and trigger again if re-entered.

You may have your test too close to tell the difference.  I modified the file you sent earlier by 

1) changed first REPETIVE trigger to SWITCHED trigger

2) Change the F-18 to start outside the zone and made the time between changed states longer.  It seemed to work as indented in my test.

Also attached is a screen shot of where I use the same approach.  Just change the "DO SCRIPT command to a MESSAGE command.

Good luck.

Message-Loop-EDIT.mizSwitched_Condition_Message.PNG

Edited by AKA_Clutter
  • Thanks 1

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

20 hours ago, AKA_Clutter said:

You may have your test too close to tell the difference.  I modified the file you sent earlier by 

1) changed first REPETIVE trigger to SWITCHED trigger

2) Change the F-18 to start outside the zone and made the time between changed states longer.  It seemed to work as indented in my test.

Also attached is a screen shot of where I use the same approach.  Just change the "DO SCRIPT command to a MESSAGE command.

Good luck.

Message-Loop-EDIT.miz 79.84 kB · 0 downloads Switched_Condition_Message.PNG

Hey, many thanks for that. That's perfect! 😎