GBU Not Tracking "Now or Never"

With the mission Now or never, when given the order to take out snake my GBU's arent tracking, even though his vehicle is in a point track, with L Arm on, and holding gun trigger to lase (after release), but its not even getting within view of TGP. All 4 GBUs miss. Thing is, ive actually completed this mission on the simplified fueling version (this is the standard supercarrier version), and hit him everytime.

1 hour ago, CH4Pz said:

With the mission Now or never, when given the order to take out snake my GBU's arent tracking, even though his vehicle is in a point track, with L Arm on, and holding gun trigger to lase (after release), but its not even getting within view of TGP. All 4 GBUs miss. Thing is, ive actually completed this mission on the simplified fueling version (this is the standard supercarrier version), and hit him everytime.

Hi

Firstly this cannot be a campaign script issue, we do not control this. If there is a issue it is the DCS Sim. 

Note your manually lazing, have you tried leaving it on auto and let that decide when the laser is activated.

Assume you have done the standard things. i.e. Laser code correct, you have been constantly  re-designating the moving target right up to just before release. (As you are aware the designated target and so the release point does not move with the TGP even though that is locked onto the vehicle).  When releasing your bomb it is really important you have set up correctly for a smooth level flight in, no last minute corrective manoeuvres, and release at just the right moment. It doesn't take much to disturb this cocktail and in my experience the bomb will not hit even though you have the laser locked on.

Hope this helps

Badger633 

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

17 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

Firstly this cannot be a campaign script issue, we do not control this. If there is a issue it is the DCS Sim. 

Note your manually lazing, have you tried leaving it on auto and let that decide when the laser is activated.

Assume you have done the standard things. i.e. Laser code correct, you have been constantly  re-designating the moving target right up to just before release. (As you are aware the designated target and so the release point does not move with the TGP even though that is locked onto the vehicle).  When releasing your bomb it is really important you have set up correctly for a smooth level flight in, no last minute corrective manoeuvres, and release at just the right moment. It doesn't take much to disturb this cocktail and in my experience the bomb will not hit even though you have the laser locked on.

Hope this helps

Badger633 

Ok will give it a shot, perhaps as i was holding orbit, my turn in is too short

On 10/7/2021 at 4:20 PM, Badger633 said:

Hi

Hope this helps

Badger633 

So i think i figured it out, i was setting my AT at M0.55 to give myself more time, but i think the GBU's need a minimum of 400GS, so done that (along with your tips) and went through first go

TL/DR: Im an idiot, nvm 😄

2 hours ago, CH4Pz said:

So i think i figured it out, i was setting my AT at M0.55 to give myself more time, but i think the GBU's need a minimum of 400GS, so done that (along with your tips) and went through first go

TL/DR: Im an idiot, nvm 😄

🙂👍

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.