Will new Tomcat Rio commands be added to AIRIO or do we have to create custom commands for these?

Jayhawk1971

Hi, will new voice commands such as setting the target aspect switch and the upcoming (hopefully next week) Jester LANTIRN functionality eventually be added to VAICOM Pro/ AIRIO? Or do we have to (somehow) create custom voice commands ourselves?

I'd rather not have to dive into creating these things, as I much rather fly than fiddle around with setups (just got into VR and that in itself was a major feat to get it running smoothly on my very dated rig). Let's say I've thoroughly scratched all my setup itches for 2021. 🙂 

Until/if the commands are available (I don't know what Hollywood's plans are), you can use the JESTER OPTION command to pull up the wheel, and then use "Take <number>" to get to the wheel position you want.  It's a little awkward, but it does work.

• Like 2

The "Jester Option" is a no for me. Remove all the cockpit while choosing between the round jester menu is totally out of the inmersion out of my feeling of what DCS gives me. If at least the cockpit would be visible....

Really hopes that @Hollywood_315 include the new lines... but I don't remember (I maybe wrong) that he included the new Iceman commands by voice.... so I am a bit worried about it.

What's missing?

image.png

image.png

Also, just noticed this.
Anybody had any luck with it? Hopefully VAICOM will just import the new commands like for maps/modules and we can retrieve the hints this way. But I guess we need a modification/update of AIRIO. Not sure why you guys are so negative this won't be implemented though. @Hollywood_315might not be on any testers team, and that's why updates needs to coma after anything is released.

Cheers!

image.png

• Like 1

Patience, my friends. Hollywood is a regular DCS user, not a privileged dev with access to dev builds in advance. I am sure everything will be added in due time, hopefully sooner.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Yes I have used AIRIO hints.

What that does is if you say a command but it is say incomplete, then the menu on the upper left will show the command and hint at what the rest of it should be.

Set hints on and then say, "Track single" and you will see the message will hint "Track single [target ahead][bandit ahead][friendly ahead][first][target 1][target 2]..." etc etc.

So now you would know to say "track single target ahead" instead of "track single", for example.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Yes I have used AIRIO hints.
What that does is if you say a command but it is say incomplete, then the menu on the upper left will show the command and hint at what the rest of it should be.

Set hints on and then say, "Track single" and you will see the message will hint "Track single [target ahead][bandit ahead][friendly ahead][first][target 1][target 2]..." etc etc.

So now you would know to say "track single target ahead" instead of "track single", for example.

v6,
boNes
Cool, gotta try that!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I need help with this...is it possible to disable vaicom only for RIO tomcat (so i can have vanilla Jester wheel available) but to use VAICOM for other ATC/FLIGHT traffic? 
According to the manual it seems so. Look at my post above.
Close DCS, open VCP CtrlPanel, uncheck AIRIO extension on EX tab. Restart VA, start DCS.
Tell us if it works?
Cheers!

55 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Cool, gotta try that! emoji1303.png emoji4.png

According to the manual it seems so. Look at my post above.
Close DCS, open VCP CtrlPanel, uncheck AIRIO extension on EX tab. Restart VA, start DCS.
Tell us if it works?
Cheers!

I believe running a repair on DCS is also needed.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

What's missing?

image.png

image.png

Also, just noticed this.
Anybody had any luck with it? Hopefully VAICOM will just import the new commands like for maps/modules and we can retrieve the hints this way. But I guess we need a modification/update of AIRIO. Not sure why you guys are so negative this won't be implemented though. @Hollywood_315might not be on any testers team, and that's why updates needs to coma after anything is released.

Cheers!

image.png

I think (correct me if I am wrong) that the Iceman "fly to this steerpoint" or "orbit this steerpoint" with an radius of blablabla turning left or right is missing. And that was implemented several time ago from Heatblur.

Edited by Japo32

I think (correct me if I am wrong) that the Iceman "fly to this steerpoint" or "orbit this steerpoint" with an radius of blablabla turning left or right is missing. And that was implemented several time ago from Heatblur.
Ah, understand. Well, if they're not in the list from the manual I posted above, they are probably not implemented. Maybe Hollywood decided to wait for the LANTERN release.
Might what to try the hint thing, see Bone's post above.
Thanks for clarifying!

1 hour ago, RedeyeStorm said:

I believe running a repair on DCS is also needed.

Just tested @hreich

Close DCS, uncheck "enable" in the VAICOM control panel. Restart VoiceAttack, start DCS and you're good to go. No repair needed.

First time I tried the Jester Wheel. It's actually pretty neat, and I now see why people would like to have it together with VAICOM!

Cheers!

image.png

Edited by MAXsenna
spelling

17 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Just tested @hreich

Close DCS, uncheck "enable" in the VAICOM control panel. Restart VoiceAttack, start DCS and you're good to go. No repair needed.

First time I tried the Jester Wheel. It's actually pretty neat, and I now see why people would like to have it together with VAICOM!

Cheers!

image.png

Thanks...will try later after i get from work...Yes we maybe need petition to ask developer to implement vanilla jester wheel!!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Just tested @hreich

Cheers!

image.png

So to clarify, this will enable the Jester wheel but still allow VAICOM Pro voice commands?

That would be great because the only reason I would want to do that is to use Jester for LANTIRN.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

17 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

So to clarify, this will enable the Jester wheel but still allow VAICOM Pro voice commands?

That would be great because the only reason I would want to do that is to use Jester for LANTIRN.

v6,

boNes

Yes, standard VAICOM commands work. But AIRIO is completely disabled, so no Jester commands through VAICOM.

OK, it would be nice if that can be turned on and off on the fly but it looks like for now, you'd have to restart both DCS and VAICOM PRO to do that.

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

Nice to hear, that it will be done, sad that this will take a while then.

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier