Will new Tomcat Rio commands be added to AIRIO or do we have to create custom commands for these?

Jayhawk1971

On 10/22/2021 at 4:10 PM, Hollywood_315 said:

Just to inform everyone that AIRIO update will be scheduled once new functions have stabilized and moved into DCS release version.
All the best

Hey @Hollywood_315🙂

today the AI LANTIRN was implemented in the Stable Version.

do you have any ETA when it will be integrated? I don‘t want to miss VAICOM and the great Kneeboard just to use the AI LANTIRN. 

thanks in advance, keep up the great work

best of all

Cypher

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Whistler_RIO said:

+1  -- we have been patiently waiting for almost 6 weeks now.  

We didn't. Hollywood stated he will look at it as soon as the jester thing stabilized. From what I get, HB will still tweak stuff and then VAICOM will be broken again.

I think I prefer to wait a little longer, since I was driving the Tomcat without Lantirn capability for a couple of years now, so 2 more weeks don't hurt. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

We didn't. Hollywood stated he will look at it as soon as the jester thing stabilized. From what I get, HB will still tweak stuff and then VAICOM will be broken again.

I think I prefer to wait a little longer, since I was driving the Tomcat without Lantirn capability for a couple of years now, so 2 more weeks don't hurt. 

TBH i dont care about lantirn. im sure that will take some work (and i prefer to manually do lantirn with either myself in the backseat or with the pilot-mod. its the fun of A/G and mud-moving for a RIO!) .  but the Iceman commands are crucial and have been out for two months.  goto waypoint.  orbit here. a RIO needs that shit! lol

Edited by Whistler_RIO

19 minutes ago, Whistler_RIO said:

TBH i dont care about lantirn. im sure that will take some work (and i prefer to manually do lantirn with either myself in the backseat or with the pilot-mod. its the fun of A/G and mud-moving for a RIO!) .  but the Iceman commands are crucial and have been out for two months.  goto waypoint.  orbit here. a RIO needs that shit! lol

On these I'm with you. There are a couple of commands which don't work and which I would love to see fixed, can wait for Lantirn. 

Well, to be honest - I need an AI Lantirn in VAICOM instead of you guys - it extends the engagement range of the F14 very much - so, I want it - and I don’t want to do it with VAICOM turned off. Since it‘s release there is no severe bug report and the system works quite well for me so far - in multi and in singleplayer - so I hope @Hollywood_315 and the VAICOM Team work on and Release it soon 🙂 

Edited by CYPHER11
  • Like 2

And also fix the broken radio or tacan commands that were working previously and now not. 

I don't know you, but I don't want to wait for Heatblur to fix things, because we even don't know if they are going to fix things or change them. Previously once we had a beta update we had our vaicom update the next day or so. Now for some time we do not, and I am starting to be worried about the continuity of Vaicom. Hope soon we have some good news.

And also fix the broken radio or tacan commands that were working previously and now not. 
I don't know you, but I don't want to wait for Heatblur to fix things, because we even don't know if they are going to fix things or change them. Previously once we had a beta update we had our vaicom update the next day or so. Now for some time we do not, and I am starting to be worried about the continuity of Vaicom. Hope soon we have some good news.
Hollywood have stated that AIRIO will be updated to reflect the updated Jester, so I'm confident.
He also stated we will get VAICOM support for Hind/Mossie.
Not sure what you want HB to fix, they don't owe us anything in this context. If it so happened they changed something that updating AIRIO will be impossible, then I will be sad, but these things can happen.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

no, I was saying heatblur fix something from their F14, so they would break anything in Vaicom. 

Vaicom it is true it is the last in the line, as any change in DCS would break the F14, so would break Vaicom... so we would need first ED to fix the stuff, and then Heatblur fix their stuff to  let Hollywood make Vaicom compatible again...

But I would like hollywood to explain the stage of his product, also sometimes. I don't read him a lot latelly, even in support areas. And that worries me a little.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! 

Sadly I have no time today to check it out. 

Frank 

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

I can't get any of the  new LANTIRN commands to work. Either Voice Attack does not understand the command (like "Track Steerpoint One"), or if it understands it, does not recognize it (like "eyeball").

I downloaded and installed the newest version, clicked on "finish" in the editor tab, copy+pasted the new commands as usual, even deleted the Vaicom entry from the export.lua.

Did anyone get the new lantirn airio commands to work?

Update: I downloaded the most recent AIRIO plugin again and copied the .dll in the extensions folder. Now I get voice attack to recognize the commands.

Yet, as I am trying to tell him to "track steerpoint 1" (12:17:17.946 TX2 | VHF/UHF ARC-182: [   ] ,  [ LANTIRN Track Steerpoint 1 ]   all he does is switch to waypoint 1. However he's not pointing the Pod onto that area. 🤷‍♂️ (come to think of it, why ARC-182 when I talk to Jester?)

Edit 2: The command "Track Marker [1..10] to track a map marker also does not seem to be present. Command is not recognized, and it's also not listed under "select keywords".

Edited by Jayhawk1971

Yeah, as always people are not reading the manual....... 

😉

Frank 

• Like 1

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

OK, true. Some pictures are always helpfull. 

Frank 

7 hours ago, Hollywood_315 said:

New profile commands must be added as stated in the install notes.
Refer to user manual pages 4 and 49.

Hey @Hollywood_315,

most the stuff is working for me - but not the „Track Steerpoint“ command - it is correctly recognized by VoiceAttack but he is just changing the steerpoint, not point the LANTIRN on it - same with map marker - voiceattack recognizes the correct word but nothing happens 😕 

but beside that - thank you very very much for the very fast implementation of the commands - really appreciate it 🙂 

all the best

Cypher

• Like 2