SD-10 on inner pylon?

Rinz1er

Hello ya'll! Forgive me if this was previously answered, but was there any use of an SD-10 on the inner rail of the JF-17. I found this obvious artist interpretation of an PL-12 being put on the inner pylon and wondered if this ever occurred in reality.

FC-1/JF-17 Xiaolong - Chinese Air Force

4 hours ago, Kerbo 416 said:

Would love to see it even if it isn't the most realistic since we have payload restrictions now, also the smoke inhalation is actually modelled so it presents the "downsides" of using this config

Yeah I am not going to deny that I would also love to see this! And I completely agree with your points that this wouldn't be a loadout that you would take all the time because you would have to choose between a fuel tank and the jammer on top of the aspiration concern. Though the flexibility of putting a single SD-10 or LD-10 on that inner pylon would really help with making more flexible loadouts. 

4 часа назад, Kerbo 416 сказал:

Would love to see it even if it isn't the most realistic since we have payload restrictions now, also the smoke inhalation is actually modelled so it presents the "downsides" of using this config

Well, it's only a second's worth of thrust, and having as many sticks as the opposition kinda matters. And the ignition pauses even if you launch from outer pylons, so not much of a difference.

• Like 1

Unless Deka has changed their mind with the addition of loadout restrictions, their stance has always been that if it's been done IRL and there's visual or documentation proof then they'll add it into the game. So far it seems that IRL, nothing forward firing gets loaded on the inner pylons.

• Like 3

Slightly diverging from this topic but here's an image of a JF-17 carrying maybe a PL-5 derivative on a pylon between the SD-10 double and the wingtip pylon. Idk what block it is tho.

Spoiler

No photo description available.

And here's an image of a JF-17 model at the AVIC booth somewhere with SD-10s (?) at the inner most pylons and PL-5s on the rest.

Spoiler

Model_of_JF-17_on_display_with_two_SD-10

Edited by DSplayer

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

1 hour ago, DSplayer said:

Slightly diverging from this topic but here's an image of a JF-17 carrying maybe a PL-5 derivative on a pylon between the SD-10 double and the wingtip pylon. Idk what block it is tho.

Hide contents

Thats a J-10

1 hour ago, DSplayer said:

And here's an image of a JF-17 model at the AVIC booth somewhere with SD-10s (?) at the inner most pylons and PL-5s on the rest.

Hide contents

Models are often tools of marketing, not showing true real capabilities. So if you find such a loadout on a real jet, I'm sure if you post it, dekka will add that loadout. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

Thats a J-10

Oof. The image was mislabeled where I found it.

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

Models are often tools of marketing, not showing true real capabilities.

That is true.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2021 at 8:15 PM, DSplayer said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Despite the blurry picture if you zoom in you can tell it’s not SD-10, but LT-2 like laser guided bomb

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg