"Are you sure you want to shut down the device?"

moggel

Of late I have started seeing a problem where, suddenly, I get a WMR dialog hovering in mid cockpit asking ""Are you sure you want to shut down the device?". Then the Reverb shuts down, dragging the sim and everything with it.

Anyone seeing this? I have not seen this problem in MSF 2020 by the way. Can it be related to Steam VR?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

One possibility... are you using the voice command function that comes with WMR?  If so, your headset may be picking up a "shut down" command from the various sounds near the headset microphone.  Simply turn the WMR voice command function off or desensitize you microphone pickup.

• Thanks 1

Intel i9 10900K (OC to 5.3), 32 GB Fury 3200 MHz, GeFORCE RTX 2080 Ti (OC), NVMe KIOIXA 1.8 TB, Toshiba 1.8 TB (7200), Killer E3000 2.5 GB Ethernet, Realtek 7.1 Sound w/ Logitech 560, Alienware keyboard/mouse, HP Reverb 2, and Thrustmaster Warthog (FA-18C).  Use DCS 2.8 with no mods.

6 hours ago, Annapolis81 said:

One possibility... are you using the voice command function that comes with WMR?  If so, your headset may be picking up a "shut down" command from the various sounds near the headset microphone.  Simply turn the WMR voice command function off or desensitize you microphone pickup.

I believe it is, yes. I’ll turn it off and see if that helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS