Recommendations for pits

CybrSlydr

I was hoping you folks could point me in the right direction!

I don't want to build a simpit, but I want something that I can buy that will perform for flight sims, racing sims, and as a regular desktop computer.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but something that's comfortable and rock solid is what I'm looking for.  Something with a keyboard tray and mouse tray, somewhere to mount my Thrustmaster Cougar, and eventually a wheel and pedals.

I have a single 32" monitor.

Thanks folks!

EDIT:  I've been looking at this one - https://nextlevelracing.com/products/gttrack-flight-simulator/

Edited by CybrSlydr

I bought the predecessor of this one. They have slightly modified it now. At the time I bought mine (last year) there was no option to connect the TFT mounts directly to the rig. I had to use the standalone tripleview stand. But this has the advantage that you can adjust the space between your position and the TFT's a little bit. They also changed the wheel mount now.

I use two old big tower cases to the left and the right, removed the faceplate, lying them at their front to the floor and mounted a wooden plate on their backside as base for my side consoles. I also have a small center console for the center stick (the last thing that survived from my old pit 😅). I made a small overhead too, which is connected to the triple view stand for use with bigger birds or helos I'm going to fly in another simulation. It can still be used as a Racing Rig after removing the center console and fold up the wheel mount. I did some modding here respectively I will do, cause not all is finished yet.

I bought this one, cause it was very cheap compared to other rigs and is really, really stable built. A rig specially for flying is hard to find or expensive. The Akers Barnes concept is also a very clever solution and often used to start with a small "homepit".

https://uvi.gg/product/uvi-racing-seat-pro/

Edited by Viper1970
  • Like 1

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

On 10/9/2021 at 5:33 PM, agrasyuk said:

obutto comes to mind https://obutto.com/gaming-cockpits/
Almost bought one on impulse years back, glad I didn't.
there are other systems out there

good luck!

I've had an Obutto Ozone for close to ten years. Very well built, and very flexible. 

• Like 1

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone