HIND A.I. helper reticle off center on anything but GUI Scale 1 in 4K

JOSGEM72

• ED Team

Please attach your monitor.lua for this setup we will have the team take a look.

Please try using 

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...
I have two monitors vertically and it is impossible for me to align the petrovich sight. It appears in the middle of the two monitors.
main monitor resolution 2560x1080
secondary monitor resolution 1920x1080.
in other helicopters like the apache there is no problem, but with the hindu the only way to play is putting only 1 monitor as the game form

Desktop Image 02-11-2022 21-28-28-52.png

Edited by SAEVONIX
adjuntar imagen

• 1 month later...

Any adviсe for those who are not using multimonitors or VR?

UPD. Using DSR. My native monitor resolution is 1440p. So when DCS is set to 4K this is happening. Returning DCS to 1440 makes it centered.

Found a way to fix this by editing HelperAI_page_common.lua. But modifiing cockpit scripts breaks integrity check... Dead end...

Screen_221225_002758.jpg

Edited by Freejack
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 3700x, 32 GB, rtx 4080, win10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In VR petro Aim sight is way too low can this be moved . Too center of eye line . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed today after the latest open betal patch was installed, when you turn on the AI aim assist (cntrl-v) the crosshairs will appear offset to the center of the screen.  Designation still occurs at the center of the screen, but both the AI and the target list ui appear offset.

Specs:

Resolution 3440x1440

UI/Text scale set at 1.5XScreen_230310_163857.pngScreen_230310_165706.png

• 3 weeks later...

Summary

I first thought that Petrovtich was not even searching at all but then by luck discovered that he was, just with a huge offset from where I had commanded him to do so. In image belo you can see the "Designation Reticle" is way off centre and this screen shot is the instant after I've pressed the search command. The "Designation Reticle" is up in the sky and he is searching down in the bottom right (as seen through the hud).

This is 100% repeatable.

image.png

May be related to report below, but as I'm only running one monitor and ite not just that the reticle is off centre I've created this separate report.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/283910-designation-reticle-is-not-centered-in-the-main-screen/#comment-4793857

Details

Occurs on both 2.8.4.38947 MT Preview and 2.8.4.38947 (non MT)

image.png

image.png

Note: Issue also occurs identically when secondary monitor (number 1 in pic above) is unplugged from GPU

Mi-24p search offset.trk

I also just tried unplugging my 4k screen and running dcs on my smaller (non 4k screen with the settings below) and had exactly the same issues.

image.png

Edited by TooManyTims
Added track and short video showing the issue

1 hour ago, TooManyTims said:

Summary

I first thought that Petrovtich was not even searhing at all but then by luck discovered that he was, just with a huge offset from where I had commanded him to do so. In image belo you can see the "Designation Reticle" is way off centre and this screen shot is the instant after I've pressed the search command. The "Designation Reticle" is up in the sky and he is searching down in the bottom right (as seen through the hud).

This is 100% repeatable.

image.png

May be related to report below, but as I'm only running one monitor and ite not just that the reticle is off centre I've created this separate report.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/283910-designation-reticle-is-not-centered-in-the-main-screen/#comment-4793857

Details

Occurs on both 2.8.4.38947 MT Preview and 2.8.4.38947 (non MT)

image.png

image.png

Note: Issue also occurs identically when secondary monitor (number 1 in pic above) is unplugged from GPU

Is this first search you have done in that mission? If you bank and force Petrovich to close sight to save gyros, once opened sight will stay in that position until you command another scan.

You also said screenshot is taken instant after search command. If sight is way to one side (so it hits HUD limits) it takes a second or so for sight to get where you want it.

It would be best if you can post a short track or video.

This has been a problem since the inception of the Hind.

I'm thought it had to do with multi-monitor configuration.  

But, I do see you have tried without a second monitor and you have it set to 1 screen.

There's got to be something going on here if some people have this error and others don't

... Oh just followed the post above. 

It looks like someone has noticed this happends in 4k only. And I notice you are running 4k...

So am I...

Edited by JIGGAwest