TIL about WSPS on the Apache

Lazerhawk

On 10/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, kgillers3 said:

When I started down this journey of your comment I thought you were talking about real life, and I was thinking this dude is super crazy, and the wsps for the gazelle must be super amazing.  Then I got to the end and I was like OOOOOO he's talking about DCS.  Yeah if we can cut down wires in game I'm for it all day.  Make that a wish list, bring back randomly cutting shit down

lol yeah that would be pretty crazy IRL. It is kinda fun in DCS though 🤡. I tested the WSPS of the Gazelle again in the mission editor, and it still seems to work. I can't say I've had the same luck in MP though lol. Maybe my aim was off, or maybe it was desync. If the wires get to high they seem to miss the cutter and get into the rotor, and then it's all over. 

Here is a video of it in action.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

vor 49 Minuten schrieb NeMoGas:

lol yeah that would be pretty crazy IRL. It is kinda fun in DCS though 🤡. I tested the WSPS of the Gazelle again in the mission editor, and it still seems to work. I can't say I've had the same luck in MP though lol. Maybe my aim was off, or maybe it was desync. If the wires get to high they seem to miss the cutter and get into the rotor, and then it's all over. 

thats a GREAT video - I never tried that but always wanted to know. Does it work on the Huey as well?

• Like 1

So wondering if anything had changed with the UH-1H I went and tested it, and it appears to also have a functional WSPS. You can see near the end of the video that I got a little to low and the wires did break off a piece of the main rotor.

I also tested the Mi-8 and even though it has no visible WSPS it is also capable of cutting the wires. I guess this must have been a global change to DCS helicopters? I will have to try the Mi-24 and Ka-50 next.

Edit: So after testing the Mi-24 and Ka-50 it appears that all helicopters have this ability in DCS now, at least when testing in the ME.

Edited by NeMoGas

6 hours ago, NeMoGas said:

hell ya brother, 100% SUPPORT!!!!

Just watched it, I love it!!!!

Edited by kgillers3
  • Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb NeMoGas:

So wondering if anything had changed with the UH-1H I went and tested it, and it appears to also have a functional WSPS. You can see near the end of the video that I got a little to low and the wires did break off a piece of the main rotor.

I also tested the Mi-8 and even though it has no visible WSPS it is also capable of cutting the wires. I guess this must have been a global change to DCS helicopters? I will have to try the Mi-24 and Ka-50 next.

Edit: So after testing the Mi-24 and Ka-50 it appears that all helicopters have this ability in DCS now, at least when testing in the ME.

So cool - tnx for testing man! Love it. Only the burning, not there anymore wires are awkward ...
Why have I never testet that myselfe? Maybe DCS is so realistic that I never dared ...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Meathawk said:

So cool - tnx for testing man! Love it. Only the burning, not there anymore wires are awkward ...
Why have I never testet that myselfe? Maybe DCS is so realistic that I never dared ...

Haha, same, I'm so afraid of the wires that I never even dared come close to them 😅

• Like 1

The above argument is an example of why I come to the ED Forums only with great reluctance these days.  You need information, but you fear toxic debate attitudes may splash on you.  It's like peering into the toilet after you do your business.  You need to make sure everything is on track, but it's hard to look through the ugly.  In relation, a decade ago the forums were like an aviation cheese burger... before it was eaten.

I don't say this to start more trouble, but on the chance that it invokes some consideration to how we might communicate better with like minded folks.  There are plenty of other people out there more worthy of disdain than our fellow virtual pilots.  Kumbaya Actual, out.

• Like 2

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

1 hour ago, StrongHarm said:

The above argument is an example of why I come to the ED Forums only with great reluctance these days.  You need information, but you fear toxic debate attitudes may splash on you.  It's like peering into the toilet after you do your business.  You need to make sure everything is on track, but it's hard to look through the ugly.  In relation, a decade ago the forums were like an aviation cheese burger... before it was eaten.

I don't say this to start more trouble, but on the chance that it invokes some consideration to how we might communicate better with like minded folks.  There are plenty of other people out there more worthy of disdain than our fellow virtual pilots.  Kumbaya Actual, out.

I have not been around for a very long time.  I made many good friends on this forum and I hope to make a few more when AH-64D draws me back into the forums. 

I second the Kumbaya.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 7:15 PM, kgillers3 said:

When I started down this journey of your comment I thought you were talking about real life, and I was thinking this dude is super crazy, and the wsps for the gazelle must be super amazing.  Then I got to the end and I was like OOOOOO he's talking about DCS.  Yeah if we can cut down wires in game I'm for it all day.  Make that a wish list, bring back randomly cutting shit down

I can see it now: Missions to take down enemy electrical infrastructure, but all weapons are disabled in the heli...