P51D Cockpit Display

oldflyboy
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

• Solution

Reinstalling is rather a last resort solution, usually not necessary. Runnig a repair command (linked to in start menu shorcuts for DCS) helps in most cases. 

Neither of above works, however, if source of the problem lies somewhere in your personal settings folder, because this one's not affected (ergo "fixed") by reinstall or repair. I suspect that's what happens here. The location is C:\Users\[your user name]\Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.OpenBeta - you should have both I presume if you installed stable and Open Beta DCS side by side?). If the view in your stable version is OK and it's messed up in OB, then I'd compare their respective \Config\View sub-folders and make sure the latter is the same as the former.

If that still doesn't help, you can temporarily rename/remove other sub-folders and see what happens (...or just copy all content from Saved Games\DCS to \DCS.Openbeta if you don't care about separate logbooks, campaign progress or whatnot). Experiment at your will, just make backups first.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Problem solved. Thank you Art-J for suggesting comparing Config/View folders between open beta and stable version. For some reason the stable version had a snap View.lua line that when removed everything went back to normal.

Thanks for the help.