Targets of Opportunity

Rattler29745

I would love to see period compatible ground targets (Targets of Opportunity) that were not uncommon for pilots to encounter when missions were completed and they wanted to have a little fun on the way back to their bases.  Canal barges, flack trains and flak cars on trains with vital cargo, exploding vital cargo!!! on trains, steam locomotives that have boiler explosions.  WWII had and a lot of ground attack and the results were most often very violent. Explosives, ammunition and fuel were everywhere, but I have yet to experience a train exploding in my face nor do I ever get damaged by debris that I fly through. I think that DCS is a fantastic depiction of simulated combat. Details such as these I suggest and more are the "CANDY" that intensifies our experience. Many thanks to all for your hard work  "Rattler"

• 4 months later...

It's not too difficult to have this effect if you are creating missions yourself.

In the scripts parts of the editor create a new entry, the second box would be "when unit dead", and the last box would be "explosion at unit" or something along those lines. You can also choose how large the explosion is.

Then you'd get something like

Below

Edited by jonsky7