DCS: SOUTH ATLANTIC MAP by RAZBAM

huchanronaa

On 5/1/2022 at 7:59 PM, skywalker22 said:

In last interview they said the map is gonna be 3,1 million km2. So this is something like:

image.png

They might include more water to the South instead of the land in the North that is considered in this pictures.I am looking forward to see !

Edited by MisterVince
  • Like 3

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

Look forward to this one!

• Like 1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

On 5/10/2022 at 9:29 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Has more info about the map:

South Atlantic Map.png

Does after EA mean after EA release or actually after the product goes complete .  Just thinking as Murderers spend  less time in clink than a DCS module spends in EA. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Do we know any requirements of SA map?

How many Mb it will take? 

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

30 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

80GB

Thx. So, no drama. :animals_rooster:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

23 hours ago, Alicatt said:

Ohhh only 137GB remaining on the SSD for DCS, getting tight ...

How big is your SSD?

I have 324GB left on a 1TB NVME, but the rule/suggestion/myth is to leave about 20% empty for best performance. I put this NVME in just for DCS, so I don't mind kicking other stuff off to keep some free space.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

It could be good idea if ED will do possibility to have maps on another disc (so something like in P3D, FSX), its possible but dont know about protection it this situation.

If they will do the whole World it could be necessarily maybe (and few birds singing about it 😉 ).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 hours ago, Beirut said:

How big is your SSD?

I have 324GB left on a 1TB NVME, but the rule/suggestion/myth is to leave about 20% empty for best performance. I put this NVME in just for DCS, so I don't mind kicking other stuff off to keep some free space.

500GB for the DCS drive, but it also has a map and resources I have been working on for a few years for a well known tank simulator. 

I don't have all the modules, and really only use the Open Beta, I have 2 1TB NVME Samsung 970 EVO drives, one for the system and some productivity software, the other holds my Steam folder and that is all, the DCS is on a 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and another Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for a large space game, and a flight simulator for my drone.

Edited by Alicatt
  • Like 1

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

13 minutes ago, Alicatt said:

500GB for the DCS drive, but it also has a map and resources I have been working on for a few years for a well known tank simulator. 

Cool! 

13 minutes ago, Alicatt said:

I don't have all the modules, and really only use the Open Beta, I have 2 1TB NVME Samsung 970 EVO drives, one for the system and some productivity software, the other holds my Steam folder and that is all, the DCS is on a 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and another Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for a large space game, and a flight simulator for my drone.

Nice. I need more good quality storage like that. I think replacing my 500GB Crucial C drive with a 1TB Samsung 870 is the next step. I really like the Samsung cloning software. 

My DCS is about 320GB now, with the new map it's gonna be... bigger. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2 minutes ago, Beirut said:

My DCS is about 320GB now, with the new map it's gonna be... bigger. 

Mine is 329GB at the moment for the actual game, plus a couple of folders with mods and such to be swapped in and out when needed. 

• Like 1

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 1:53 AM, odrin said:

Not a fan of the region, it seems designed for UK fanboys and their harriers and other european planes. I like modern American and Russian equipment

What? It's a map...you can fly an f15 over Argentina...it is allowed . Ps the harrier is the best attack aircraft in dcs by a mile

• Like 1

What? It's a map...you can fly an f15 over Argentina...it is allowed . Ps the harrier is the best attack aircraft in dcs by a mile
Too late to feed the troll
  • Like 2

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I’m really excited for this! I just hope the performance isn’t like Marianas. That map looks great but I can’t use it because it turns my VR headset into a Head Mounted Puke Inducer.

I get more hyped for maps like this than almost any other addition to DCS, except multithread support/Vulcan, as I’ve already got more planes than I know what to do with. 

Seriously can’t wait (which is unfortunate because I have to) has it been two weeks yet!?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

I’m really excited for this! I just hope the performance isn’t like Marianas. That map looks great but I can’t use it because it turns my VR headset into a Head Mounted Puke Inducer.

I get more hyped for maps like this than almost any other addition to DCS, except multithread support/Vulcan, as I’ve already got more planes than I know what to do with. 

Seriously can’t wait (which is unfortunate because I have to) has it been two weeks yet!?

For me it's SA map and corsair, followed distantly by F4.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

40 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

For me it's SA map and corsair, followed distantly by F4.

Not including the Vulcan/multithread stuff, it’d be SA then Eurofighter, not really sure after that. F15E could be good if I can do all the cool stuff in SP.

I’m struggling to chose a plane to sink my time into having got a bit bored of the Hornet. On reflection it’s a bad time to be bored if the F18, it’s perfect for this map. Maybe Top Gun 2 will reignite my fire.

I’d like to be hyped for the F4 but I suspect a second person is going to be required to get the most out of it, like the F14. I’d be very happy to be told I’m wrong. 😁

22 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

Not including the Vulcan/multithread stuff, it’d be SA then Eurofighter, not really sure after that. F15E could be good if I can do all the cool stuff in SP.

I’m struggling to chose a plane to sink my time into having got a bit bored of the Hornet. On reflection it’s a bad time to be bored if the F18, it’s perfect for this map. Maybe Top Gun 2 will reignite my fire.

I’d like to be hyped for the F4 but I suspect a second person is going to be required to get the most out of it, like the F14. I’d be very happy to be told I’m wrong. 😁

I would be more excited about about the F4 is it was the 1960s Navy version we got first. But since it's a later airforce version I'm less excited.  But still like the old school stuff. F15 is probably fine, but it's just a variation on a theme (F16, F18, F15) I'll probably get it. But my go to 4th gen is the 16, and will stay that way.

But I do want that cosair.  I've been wanting to fly it again since way back to MS combat flight simulator 2.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• ED Team

Please keep the discussion on the topic of the thread

DCS: SOUTH ATLANTIC MAP by RAZBAM

Thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2