DCS: SOUTH ATLANTIC MAP by RAZBAM

huchanronaa

"Living animals" (with animations, as asset for SA map) is a good idea, they are present on some addons for MSFS / P3D / FSX too however only for copters, not for jets ;).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Here is my idea explained for the SA map. The virtual pilot ejects from his jet. He lands safely in the water. Then a great white shark scoops up the pilot and goes underwear. Crimson appears in the water.

MFT

I'm all in on that. 

But I want a quality F3 view to go along with it,

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

LOL ! 😅

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Here is something else for Razbam to add to the SA map.  They can add tidal waves.  For the ships at sea, Razbam can add gusty winds that generate rogue waves.  Even more so, Razbam should allow an editing feature where players can create landmine fields on the Falkland Islands.

MFT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Here is something else for Razbam to add to the SA map.  They can add tidal waves.  For the ships at sea, Razbam can add gusty winds that generate rogue waves.  Even more so, Razbam should allow an editing feature where players can create landmine fields on the Falkland Islands.

MFT

I think waves are ED`s departament, since this is in a code of the engine, and not connected to specific map. If its ever gonna be, will be the same for all the maps.

• Like 5

First of all THANK YOU!!!!

I got S.A..jpg

Now, please watch the typos:

Veinticincol de "maya"? is that a new pastry or something? 😉

Santa Fe frigate? the only ARA Santa Fe was a Submarine...

I understand the rush and all... Anyways THANKS Again for this grate map!

Edited by Baco
  • Like 2

Excellent map, hats off to the team.

One small issue, I can only create fast missions from Port Stanley, the other airports pop up with the error message 'Mission was not generated, no airdrome near this node'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Badass1982 said:

Random, and maybe slightly stupid question.... Are there any more airbases to come on this map or is it pretty much just Stanley and Pleasant in the Falklands?

They have said they will be populating the map with more airbases when they turn their attention to the mainland, their first priority was getting the Falklands look right before anything else.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Congratulations to the team on this map, it really is something special.  All things considered and considering the detail, it's not frame rate heavy for my rather creaky system.

One issue I have noticed during Mission building, large aircraft won't park on the main dispersal (E) at Mount Pleasant.  They will only use the remote stands (T).  Certainly the A330 use it and even 747s have used it historically.  I've played with wing sizes on mod aircraft and make them use it, so I guess it's a size restriction but the main dispersal is there primarily for large aircraft in the real world.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
34 minutes ago, b0bl00i said:

Any news on what the team is currently working on and what the next update might add?

Well, I think it would be a good & clever move from RAZBAM to optimize / fix the map first, before adding other things and features to it, don't you think?

I know, the map is still WIP / EA, but hey, this map has tremendous performance issues! And compared to the EA of the Syrian map then, although known
for having some performance issue too, it ran way better with far more objects on it. This is ridiculous, but the actual SA map is more or less wasteland
and performance is already really bad, bad, bad. Oh, and btw. I'm a pancake pilot, so I don't even dare to imagine how VR pilots are struggling with it.

Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello

what are you're system specs and settings set at please
do you have any specific areas that you are seeing fps drop other than the large cities?

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hi, 

Perfomance issues for me:

Takeoff is ok, flying above 2000feets for 2minutes (80fps), going back to ground at 1000-600feets fps sudently drops (15-20fps). 

When I fly up to 1000feets full fps goes back in one second.

Seems to appear everywhere on the map.

Syria, Mariana, Nevada, Channel are fine and perfectly smooth on my system.

Please consider that this issue keeps the map unplayable after few minutes. This terrain is more than 6 month old, please fix it ! Bug known from many users now.

Thank you.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 2:27 PM, Stanlesuper said:

This terrain is more than 6 month old, please fix it !

And ugly too - I hate those satellite pictures used to make a new map. That's what I exactly feel and perceive when I fly over the South Atlantic map
and it reminds me the time of those bloody and fugly map in Microsofts Combat Simulator. I thought this was long gone, but no - here we are.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:27 PM, Stanlesuper said:

Hi, 

Perfomance issues for me:

Takeoff is ok, flying above 2000feets for 2minutes (80fps), going back to ground at 1000-600feets fps sudently drops (15-20fps). 

When I fly up to 1000feets full fps goes back in one second.

Seems to appear everywhere on the map.

Syria, Mariana, Nevada, Channel are fine and perfectly smooth on my system.

Please consider that this issue keeps the map unplayable after few minutes. This terrain is more than 6 month old, please fix it ! Bug known from many users now.

Thank you.

Known problem of this map, reported earlier, but you have right, above 1000 ft AGL is a magic trick (next LOD stage perhaps).

What is interesting, on my new GPU map works quiet well (but I don't know how it was received that the minimum requirements are 4090) :grin:.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif