DCS: SOUTH ATLANTIC MAP by RAZBAM

huchanronaa

50 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please keep the discussion on the topic of the thread

DCS: SOUTH ATLANTIC MAP by RAZBAM

Thank you 

It’s the fuzz, leg it!  😉

Those mountains (the Andes) look soo good, the glaciers and topography, I just can’t wait. There’s even going to be killer whales, or sea pikeys as I call them, and penguins?

what a time to be alive, be a real bummer if ww3 kicked off.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

It’s the fuzz, leg it!  😉

Those mountains (the Andes) look soo good, the glaciers and topography, I just can’t wait. There’s even going to be killer whales, or sea pikeys as I call them, and penguins?

what a time to be alive, be a real bummer if ww3 kicked off.

I really hope the whales can't be killed by gunfire. Let's not have any of that🤨

Be great fun to follow them in a chopper though. Some wildlife in the map would be very cool. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

54 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I really hope the whales can't be killed by gunfire. Let's not have any of that🤨

Normally I’d agree, but I think those sea pikeys have got a bit too big for their boots, or should that be fins? I can’t promise I won’t be introducing them to some 20 mike mike. 😉

Thanks to them I can’t go back to False bay, South Africa to cage dive with great white sharks again which was not only the fulfilment of a life long ambition but also hands down the best thing I’ve ever done with the exception of having my 2 beautiful daughters. I’m aware of how juvenial that makes me sound, it’s probably because I am! 😁

54 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Be great fun to follow them in a chopper though. Some wildlife in the map would be very cool. 

There’s also sheep that we’ve seen and I think they mentioned penguins but can’t really remember, I’m sure they said orcas and possibly some others, in the interview with the Air Combat Sim podcast. Also functioning lighthouses should look pretty cool not to mention the Royal Navy assets.

Ive just started, for the fifth time, to learn the viper but perhaps I should be learning the Harrier instead. Haven’t flown it since the Hornet came out but it fits the bill for this map and assets. The Apache too, but that ones in the hanger till multithread magic has arrived in DCS.

From the little I’ve seen this map looks next level from anything we’ve had before and so much more pleasurable on the old peepers than deserts.

Well played Razbam! 👍

Edited by Digitalvole
  • Like 2

So far it looks really good from high altitude but texture / mesh looks lower resolution than Syria map close to the ground. I hope this is just WIP as I mostly keep low. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The most recent video showcasing the SA map is impressive.  Yet, there is one uncertainty.  When will the SA map be available?  WIPs and videos about the SA map are great, but we want to buy it and use it for our missions.  Releasing the SA map that coincides with a really popular movie that starts this weekend would be wonderful.

Edited by Mike Force Team

31 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

So far it looks really good from high altitude but texture / mesh looks lower resolution than Syria map close to the ground. I hope this is just WIP as I mostly keep low. 

From the interview on the podcast the people who made the map are rotor heads so down low is where they play. 
Bodes well 🙂

• Like 1

I really hope the whales can't be killed by gunfire. Let's not have any of that

Orcas you mean?
I'm Norwegian, so I should probably keep my mouth shut.
We do have an island down there, too bad it's off the map to the east.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Orcas you mean?
I'm Norwegian, so I should probably keep my mouth shut. emoji848.png
We do have an island down there, too bad it's off the map to the east. emoji4.png

I just checked it out. That's so cool, and so small. You should buy it. Then you would be King MAXsenna. 👑 

You could invade the Falklands and then RazBam would have to add your island to the map in the next update.

I like where this is going.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Beirut said:

You could invade the Falklands and then RazBam would have to add your island to the map in the next update.

Please don’t invade the Falklands, my country is already suffering enough embarrassment.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

Please don’t invade the Falklands, my country is already suffering enough embarrassment.

Me and my Ka-50 stand ready for the Commonwealth. 🇫🇰

June 14th is the anniversary of the end of the fighting, I wonder if we'll see the map then or the next day which is a Wednesday. Aren't Wednesday's update and release days sometimes? And I hope we actually get the map and not just a pre-order for whenever.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beirut said:

Me and my Ka-50 stand ready for the Commonwealth. 🇫🇰

June 14th is the anniversary of the end of the fighting, I wonder if we'll see the map then or the next day which is a Wednesday. Aren't Wednesday's update and release days sometimes? And I hope we actually get the map and not just a pre-order for whenever.

Does it really look ready for EA though? Have not seen it that way yet. I reckon closer towards July... Although what would that one month changed  one wonders as well.

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

3 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Does it really look ready for EA though? Have not seen it that way yet. I reckon closer towards July... Although what would that one month changed  one wonders as well.

Just being hopeful. This is easily my most anticipated module. Even more than the Blackshark3. I'm happy to have the map early and wait for patches and updates and oil changes.

I spend more time in DCS just flying around for the fun of it than I do flying combat and blowing chit up. I could just fly around in the "civvy sim", but the DCS planes and choppers are so much better. And you can blow chit up when you the mood arises. 😊 With this map it may increase my "just flying for the fun of it" time. That may be the case for a lot of people. Looking at the posts, you see a lot of sightseeing tours being planned. 

June, please. 

• Like 2

I just checked it out. That's so cool, and so small. You should buy it. Then you would be King MAXsenna.  

Haha! Yeah, I should, but maybe I can get it for free if I promise to be nice.
I've had some hard times lately, just lost my best buddy for the past 22 years,
but you guys crack me up!
Thank you!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Haha! Yeah, I should, but maybe I can get it for free if I promise to be nice. emoji4.png
I've had some hard times lately, just lost my best buddy for the past 22 years,
but you guys crack me up!
Thank you! emoji3590.png

Well your best buddy had you for 22 years. That's gotta be pretty good. All the best to you.

• Like 1

Well your best buddy had you for 22 years. That's gotta be pretty good. All the best to you.
Thank you!
46, best of health, or so it seemed. Passed quietly out of the blue. Life is a miracle, but sometimes it makes you wonder.
I'll have a Scotch on him tonight, enjoy your Bourbon!
Cheers!

@Beirut Sorry to hear about your loss. We will keep you in our thoughts. 
It was actually my loss, but thank you nonetheless Mike!
Keep those wishes coming!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Keep those wishes coming!

I'm sorry for your loss, but to keep on topic, and a wish...

I hope the low level textures are far better than have been released thus far. Amazing from Angels 15, but not too good low down, as far as I've seen.

Hope to be proved wrong.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Will the penguins be armed. 

They'd have to be for realism, that's how the flat earthers tell us that they keep everyone away from the ice wall! 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

What’s with all the negativity….

We’re all looking forward to a bunch of hotly anticipated releases - South Atlantic, Mirage F1, Corsair, MB-339, and it IS frustrating that none of these has dropped so far in 2022, but there is still plenty of flying to be done in DCS and I’m sure one of more of the above will be along shortly…

As far as low altitude visuals are concerned, we really won’t know until we get to fly it, but IIRC the Tactical Pascale vid showed a number of low level views, looked pretty good and emphasised the devs interest in helo ops…

The DCS 2022 vid also featured a lot of SA and looked good

• Like 1