TM Warthog Throttle USB Connection Issues

CrimsonGhost

Hello all. I wasnt really sure where to pose this question and I figured with the amount of TM Warthog owners that play DCS, this seemed like a logical place. I have been using the TM Warthog as my go to HOTAS for a number of years now, with the throttle mounted to a Monstertech desk mount that stays in place when not in use as it is not in my way. All of my flightsim gear and other USB hardware are plugged into a powered USB 3.0 hub under my desk and nothing gets unplugged in between uses. Last week, my computer was making the normal Windows sound that is made when a device is unplugged and plugged back in, rather frequently throughout the day. Nothing appeared to be changing, and the LEDs on the throttle remained illuminated. The following day when I turned my PC on, I noticed the LEDs on the throttle were off and sure enough, it was not showing up in the Windows settings nor in DCS.

I began troubleshooting by swapping out the USB hub for a known good device which did not help, no matter what port I tried it on. My next step was to plug the throttle directly into my PC and when doing this, it is detected and works fine. Unfortunately this is not a permanent solution as the PC is too far away for the cord to reach. I ordered a couple of USB extension cables to see if this would rectify the issue, but it does not. So now I am stumped. If I plug in the throttle to the front panel ports on my case, it works fine, but any other connection method only leads to the LEDs flickering a few times and the throttle is not recognized. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I am all ears and would greatly appreciate it. I am reasonably hardware savvy and build all my own PCs, but the functionality of USB is not something I am all that familiar with. Thanks and I look forward to some feedback.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

• 3 weeks later...

Try a non-powered USB hub (like a 3-4 way hub). If that doesn’t work the only option would be logic board replacement. The last time I had to do that (logic board) was a few years back. There is also a guy on eBay that would fix the logic board if you don’t want to deal with TM tech support.

Edit:  I managed to fried my TMW logic board again somehow.  The cost for a new board is $47 via Thrustmaster support.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/