Well thats it, DCS has completely failed on my system.

DmitriKozlowsky

DCS no longer runs. Every module including SU-25T. Problem is same. Few minutes after mission starts, DCS engine starts getting weird flare light flashes and black blanks, missing poly slivers, then entire DCS goes to black with crash. It kills the drivers for RTX 2060SuperFE. It is not heat related. GPU never exceeds 76, and mostly runs at 73 in DCS. With case closed, a few degrees warmer. But crash is same. I dont have to do anything. Launch mission, then dont touch anything. Dont start aircraft. Just leave it to run by itself. After some time, from few miniutes to 15 minutes, rarely longer, DCS crashes. With same symptoms.

Fresh install, running without any 3rd party. Running in Window, running in maximize. No difference. System diagnostics report no error. Windows GPU Stress app no problem running for hours. HeavyLoad running for hours , and over night no problems. 

This is DCS specific.

HP Z440 workstation. Intel XEON E5-1630v4 3.7Ghz (4.0Ghz Turbo), 64GB ram ECC ram  4 X16gb 2666 RDIMM ECC.  HP Turbo Drive (NVMe PCI), SATA6gb SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060Super FE, 525W PSU. display 2560X1440 144Mhz refesh. Win 10 Pro 64 For Workstations [Version 10.0.19041.1237].

Nvidia RTX Drivers 472.12

Direct X 12.0

DCS 2.7.6.13436

There is a thread on the forums describing your problem: 

For the majority it seems that an overclocked gpu was the culprit. 

I would start with removing all mods and reshade, rename the DCS save game folder, run a repair and underclock the gpu. Good luck!

• Like 1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

There are no mods no reshades, no overclocks, no under or overvoltaging. Repairing DCS or fresh installing DCS does not help. The problem is same, and if anything its getting worse.

I dont even have any tools for overclocking or underclocking. Hardware wise, the system has remained the same since intial set up 2 years ago. Only driver upodates, Windows updates, and DCS versions have changed.

If you haven't tried it yet, rename the DCS saved game folder (C:\users\YOURUSERNAME\saved games\DCS or DCS.openbeta), so DCS rebuilds all the config files and try again.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I have the problem replicated in Unigine2 benchmark. Same identical issues . Starts with bright pixel sized firefly flashes with intense bloom aroud each one, then  start to get black slivers, followed by fireflies and black slivers increasing in frequency followed by GPU shutdown. STarts happening at around GPU temp if 71 -73 deg C with crash occuring with GPU temp of 75 C or above. Vram useage in Unigine2 is around 4gb, and in DCS is around 7gb. Fans are running. When GPU crashes, the #3 screen is blacked out, but comes back after game is killed by crash.

So what does this mean? Is the GPU dying? 

As I said in your other thread:

The pattern of your faults strongly suggests hardware problems. I would assume memory related. Either system ram or vram.

That the majority of your programs run without issue, is not a proof of the opposit. Every software adresses memory different, and how close you are to the edge of fail, can vary.

The only thing left to do is, find a different GPU (borrow) and test. Same for the RAM. Since you have 4 DDR-Modules you can start by testing each of them independently.

Just remove 2 and change through.

Since the error log points to the gpu, it's probably not the system memory though. I would test it anyway.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

13 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Hardware fails instantaneously. This has been running for 2 years with no change. Slow motion GPU or memory crash? 

No - it doesn't neccessarily. Electronic components like capacitors degrade. So does the thermal compound.

Edit: Don't think that the temperature read out you get, is the whole story. You can have hotspots and spikes, that don't show in a monitoring software.

12 hours ago, Zeagle said:

I suspect a power problem. 525W seems a bit low for that setup. 

Oh, I totally missed that. Another very possible culprit.

Bottom line:

The pattern of your failures are nothing like any typical DCS problem, but very likely a hardware problem.

You can go on blaming DCS, but that won't help you, keep you from having fun with the simulation and most likely leads you running into further issues in the future.

I wrote everything I know, that could possibly help you to find the problem. Now I'm out of ideas.

Good Luck!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

13 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Hardware fails instantaneously. This has been running for 2 years with no change. Slow motion GPU or memory crash? 

No. A GPU is a complex part of electronics with many components, which can break - with varying end results.

Similar to a car (which is also "hardware" ;). If something breaks in your car, you may still be able to drive. But depending on what part broke, you might not even notice at first. But it could lead to a fatal crash in certain situations.

1 minute ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Rig has worked flawlessly for 2 years.

Geeze, everything works flawless - until it doesn't anymore...

Are you trying to mock us?

• Like 3

• ED Team

Make sure you rename your dcs folder in saved games, keep it as a backup

then run a slow repair, let it finish.

then restart dcs it will create a new saved games dcs folder

Login and test

If you still have problems I would suggest it is windows or hardware related

Make sure windows and all drivers are up to date, remove any overclocks if you have any 

If you still have problems attach your fresh log, your previous one shows mod errors

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Rig has worked flawlessly for 2 years.
So? My rig worked flawlessly for eight years. Then suddenly "out of the blue" the GPU, (well, one of them), died. It will boot the through the BIOS, can do all the repairs and what not BEFORE Windows, probably, loads the the drivers. But it won't go into Windows. Removed that one card, and all its fine. Except I can't do SLI anymore, (and yes, you can do SLI in DCS, before the clouds though).
I have a solution to fix the card. Heat gun or baking it in oven, but I'm just to lazy to make time and try it. Even bought a brand new small second hand oven. But alas. My card, GTX Titan is a few mm to long.
So, I probably need to get some flux and hit it with my heat gun. Google is your friend in these matters. Not necessarily complaining on this forum.
But, for me playing DCS is so much fun, that it detracts from the task at hand.
BTW. My parents have, or rather had, the s same workstation as you, though older. It also decided to die without notice. Boots into Windows, no gaming, no errors in any log. Just "shits" down between 15-30 minutes after logging into Windows.
Go figure.

EDIT: Lots of people's bodies work flawlessly until it decides to shutdown, and then they die. How come you expect electronics to work any different?
Electronics do not have any kind of re-generation, as I'm sure you're very well aware of.
Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

After 8 years perhaps. After 2 years. Thats hardly even 1/3 of expected service life of RTX GPU.
That's why we have warranties.
You have never heard about brand new things that gets broken, cars that get recalled? DOA?
Well, believe what you will, but consider yourself lucky if this your first experience.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

there is lots of talks on the various forums about shoddy manufacturing and assembly. some people with the gumption to take apart the gfx cards are finding that the thermal paste is not applied correctly or not at all. only an example. granted @DmitriKozlowsky probably has a card from pre COVID stock and perhaps the workmanship was better. i dunno. @DmitriKozlowsky forgive me if this is already tried but did you contact the warranty support for the card? they may know of a trend with the card you have and if its a known issue. sort of getting bad factory paint on thousands of cars. the manufacturer probably knows about the bad paint and will repaint the car. also are you able to try another card? even if it is old and you have to run the sim at lower settings. i have been in IT since 1989 and this issue to me sounds like hardware. that is if you have done all the steps you have noted. IT is like a science experiment and you need to use scientific method diagnosing the problem. unfortunately you have to keep moving forward with your own resources. at this point doing nothing is not an option.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• ED Team
5 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

After 8 years perhaps. After 2 years. Thats hardly even 1/3 of expected service life of RTX GPU.

did you try the renaming of your dcs folder in saved games, and a slow repair of DCS? 

Would like to see your fresh log after.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I just want to point out, that this isn't the first Thread from this OP regarding this issue:

...perhaps it would make sense to merge them - to get a better picture, which suggestions and help were already given and where we stand...

• Like 1