Cockpit Global Illumination - does it work for anyone?

peachmonkey

hi, guys,

I fly A8 in VR and I had set the "Cockpit Global Illumination" to ON and OFF and I don't see any difference. The cockpit is illuminated like there's a 200watt light bulb inside, including the areas behind the rudder pedals.

Is it something wrong with my settings or it's one of those things that was never implemented?

• 2 weeks later...

In warbirds, the GI option effects vary from visually non-existent (Bf-109) to dramatic (Spitfire), with different levels of fps impact as well. I fly in 2D and in Anton the difference is there, but not very apparent - deeper parts of the cockpit are a bit darker, I loose 5 fps and that's all. Comparison shots below.

GI OFF.jpg

GI ON.jpg

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I searched through the commands and could not find "Cockpit Global Illumination".

Do you mean "CB Cabin Illumination"?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

15 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

I searched through the commands and could not find "Cockpit Global Illumination".

Do you mean "CB Cabin Illumination"?

It is in graphic option, main tab where you set resolution and etc.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

10 hours ago, grafspee said:

It is in graphic option, main tab where you set resolution and etc.

Thanks!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5