Bail Out Problem

DIFFY

You mean when still in the air, or after ditching the aircraft?

You'll always die when bailing out over water. Swimming, dinghys and whatnot are generally just not modelled in DCS for the time being. As for the bailout in the air procedure, jettison the side hatch by pulling the emergency jettison handle and press the bailout command for the first crew member, then switch to the second position and do the same.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, Art-J said:

You mean when still in the air, or after ditching the aircraft?

You'll always die when bailing out over water. Swimming, dinghys and whatnot are generally just not modelled in DCS for the time being. As for the bailout in the air procedure, jettison the side hatch by pulling the emergency jettison handle and press the bailout command for the first crew member, then switch to the second position and do the same.

AH THANK YOU SO MUCH

On 10/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, Art-J said:

As for the bailout in the air procedure, jettison the side hatch by pulling the emergency jettison handle and press the bailout command for the first crew member, then switch to the second position and do the same.

i'd have thought, jettison canopy top, roll inverted, navigator release his seat belt, then pilot release his seatbelt. rather than going thru all that and feathering the prop. anyone tried?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 4:43 AM, Nealius said:

I don't think the canopy jettison has been implemented yet. 

Nope it hasn't 😞

From what I've read the canopy jettison was used to escape after a forced landing where the door might be obstructed. My guess is that using it to bail out might lead to a nasty tail-strike by the crew - although whether that is preferable to the prop-strike option I guess is up for debate 😮