A new and updated FARP

Shrike88

The current only two landing helipads / FARPS we have are extremely old and antiquated.  Like early LOMAC KA-50 textures and poly's  
would like a current new FARP or series of new static objects that are movable in the Mission editor.  Hopefully with animated Guide crew and support staff like we have the super carrier.  

• Like 7

Well, there is an option to build a FARP yourself. The use of a FARP as a whole object seems kinda not flexible enough. Like with the current FARP, I don't like that it has predefined set of landing spots, always in a same position and with a prepared surface.

By the use of the invisible FARP, you can create a FARP yourself with every object in a ME that currently exists. That way you can create much more scenery specific farps that can even blend with the environment, have as much or as little objects as you would like.

I do agree that having a guide crew (or at least refuel and rearm guys) would be awesome to have and would bring up the feeling like you are in a live environment.

• Like 1

Interactive ground (errr, deck) crew on the SC module kind of broke everything else from an immersion pov.  Now that we have tasted it we want all of it.  We want ground guides to move us to parking spaces and plane pushbacks and ordies and everything.

• Like 2

Oooh yeah! Bring out the $80 farp module!

Ground staff would be nice. But nobody wants to wait around for realistic rearm/refuel times, let alone repair times, in fact you can probably take a nap to get even minor damaged fixed and probably have a meal for rearming and refueling.

Edited by FalcoGer

On 10/14/2021 at 3:49 AM, Shrike88 said:

The current only two landing helipads / FARPS we have are extremely old and antiquated.  Like early LOMAC KA-50 textures and poly's  
would like a current new FARP or series of new static objects that are movable in the Mission editor.  Hopefully with animated Guide crew and support staff like we have the super carrier.  

+1, same goes for basically all of structures contained in static objects too.

It would also be good to get things like AM-2 and Marston matting sections.

Then there's other objects like fuel tanks and bladders, ammunition pads, revetments, lights, aircraft hides/shelters/camouflage netting. There's also other equipment like GPUs, start-carts, ammunition trolleys etc. If you want a decent set, look at the assets ArmA 3 provides. SUNSTAG did a video where he showcased his mod adding a few of these.

Heck, for BLUFOR, what about stuff like MATCALS?

16 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

Oooh yeah! Bring out the $80 farp module!

:huh:

16 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

But nobody wants to wait around for realistic rearm/refuel times, let alone repair times, in fact you can probably take a nap to get even minor damaged fixed and probably have a meal for rearming and refueling.

Good thing that nobody is asking for any of that then.

But even so, hot refuelling and hot rearming, and quick turnarounds are both real things IRL, and I imagine if people didn't want to wait for an aircraft repair, they'd just spawn a new aircraft.

Hell, the other sim doesn't even let you rearm and refuel, let alone repair at all once your spawned in! It isn't a problem, due to how its handled.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.