LD-10 Guidance

[VFA-106] Glacier

Does the LD-10 have active guidance? I'm planning for a tough SEAD mission this weekend, and I'm wondering if I can fire one before I've been painted or locked. In SP or PAS mode, I wouldn't think so, since it prioritizes the strongest signal hitting the plane, but with ACT mode, it navigates to the SPI and then acquires, so does that mean it has active guidance? 

I get that I don't actively guide it in flight, and I get that is the radar turns off in flight, then the missile goes dumb. I'm asking something slightly different: if I launch an LD-10 in ACT mode and there is NO radar painting my plane at release, BUT a radar near SPI turns on one second after release, is there any way for that LD-10 to detect, and guide to, that signature?

22 hours ago, [VFA-106] Glacier said:

I get that I don't actively guide it in flight, and I get that is the radar turns off in flight, then the missile goes dumb. I'm asking something slightly different: if I launch an LD-10 in ACT mode and there is NO radar painting my plane at release, BUT a radar near SPI turns on one second after release, is there any way for that LD-10 to detect, and guide to, that signature?

yes, not only that, but even if the radar turns off afterwards, the LD-10 would still be able to guide to it

you still have a mode that will do something similar to what you want: ACT mode. In that mode you set up coordinates and launch, the missile will then sear for target in the coordinates zone. Thant means that you can launch the misile to an area where you suspect the SAM is located, then try to make that sam goes active and paint you. With some coordination you might achive having the missile many kms closer to the sam when it goes active and paint you.