Shooting multiple sidewinders with one button press

Sneeki

So i have only noticed this happening after the last update. It feels like its random when it happens, and is most prevelant when using dgf switch aft however this has happend in normal A-A mode aswell. i've tried to set up missions to replicate the problem without success. it seems like you have to dogfight for a while for this to happen. If you just load up a mission and shoot the sidewinder at the merge it works fine. it's worth to note that i have only tried this with the aim 9M. I have had one instance with 2 aim 120c's fireing while i was tring to launch a harm, however i think thats because i left the dogfight switch in aft possition even though i somehow got into a-g mode.

I've experienced the bug in both multiplayer and singleplayer and i've mostly been playing on the syria map on the hogit SAW mission but the track file and video is in singleplayer (yes i finally got it to happen in a mission i set up just for this test. since it seems like you have to fight for a bit i leave in the full 5 min of gameplay.

I use a vkb gf mkIII base with a TM warthog stick, warthog throttle, mfg crosswinds, mfd cougars, reverb g2

2070 super, 48gb ram, i5 9600k, 600w psu

link to the video once its uploaded https://youtu.be/JDLEcQVz9L0

bug16.trk

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have tried to reproduce but have been unable, I will continue to watch for it. 

It maybe worth taking a look at your warthog stick in windows properties, play with the weapon release switch and see if you notice any noise in the action. I say this as two of my warthogs over the years have had issue with button pushes and had to be replaced. 

thanks

bignewy

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Today on Growling Sidewinder. Press fire once, both missiles at the same time. And AIM-120+AIM-9x. I use a X-55 but I doubt is the joystick.

Screenshot 2021-10-23.jpg

Edited by RPY Variable

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

On 10/23/2021 at 3:09 AM, RPY Variable said:

Today on Growling Sidewinder. Press fire once, both missiles at the same time. And AIM-120+AIM-9x. I use a X-55 but I doubt is the joystick.

Screenshot 2021-10-23.jpg

Note that the HUD says "MRM".

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

I've had this happen a few times in the last couple months, both with airstart and cold.  Only ever with Sidewinders, and I've checked my hotas isn't the issue. 

This is a bug for sure.

I don't have a track, but I do a have a tacview of one such incident attached below

Tacview-Multiple-AIM9.acmi

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

• 9 months later...
21 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I have the same issue, very infrequently, with the Vikhr missile on the KA-50. As it happens very rarely I believe it's caused by a little contact bouncing on my Weapon Release button (Upper left button on my MongoosT-50 stick). I guess this could easily be fixed by "software de-bouncing". The software should not accept a second button press less than, say 500 ms, after the first.

It is possible. I have a ppt button that was use as PPT on a Cessna on my X-55 weapons release. The original was broken.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the problem with bombs.  If the release it set to 1 single or 1 pair, a button press should release 1 single or 1 pair, but if I hold pickle down a nanosecond too long, it releases again.  Is this proper behavior?  Fantastic waste of ordinance.
Also, yesterday, I pickled rockets and it fired ALL the rockets.  I haven't tried again, so maybe the button stuck.  It was odd.

• 1 year later...

Just in case someone finds this thread looking for a solution: I had exactly the same problem - AIM9 and HARMs going off in pairs or even triples. Had stick, throttle and pedals plugged into an USB hub, mostly for ease of setup/storage. First solution I tried was using a different hub, which did not solve the issue. What did solve the issue was pluging the stick into a dedicated USB port, front panel one in my case. Since then the issue is gone - I waited a couple of days and sorties before posting here to be absolutely sure. As I understand it, there may be some hub-like ports even on a mainboard proper, so even if the first port does not solve your issues, try a different one, maybe.

Edited by DerwischGER