Help setting up DCS to run on secondary monitor ONLY

marvinknine

I have an issue that would take some time to explain. Suffice to say, I may be able to alleviate a problem by doing this, if it is possible.

I have an msi laptop and lg 32in monitor. 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 respectively. I need to make the integrated monitor my MAIN monitor and my external LG monitor my SECONDARY monitor. I need to then run DCS on the SECONDARY monitor only. I have read many posts about adding additional monitors but I cant seem to figure out how to do what I need.

I have copied the "1 screen" lua file in the monitorconfig folder. I have renamed it. I then changed the "x" value from to 1920. I did that because I was hoping it would start on the 1920th pixel. May not mean anything to what I want to do. A shot in the dark at best.

Any thoughts?

HELP!

EDIT: Currently my MAIN monitor is on the left in display settings. It is also currently lined up at the top in line with monitor 2.

Hi Marvinknine,

I will try to help as it does not sound that complicated. If I understand you right you only want to have DCS on the SECONDARY with a resolution of 2560x1440 and it is located on the right side and your MAIN will not be used in DCS at all.

In DCS itself you need to set the resolution to 4480x1440 in the settings menu (below picture is just for your reference and displays my settings).

grafik.png

This covers the overall resolution for both displays. You need to do so as your SECONDARY is located on the right side and DCS starts calculating from the upper left corner (0,0), which includes your MAIN as it is included into this calculation because of Windows. Then you need to modify the "1Camera.lua" to display everything on the SECONDARY. The MAIN will most probably show a black screen, but this should not hurt you.

grafik.png

This is how it should look like. The name "1 screen Marvinknine" is what shows up in the DCS monitors pull down menu (see first picture), independent of the file name (which can remain "1camera.lua" or something to identify it in a better way).

You need to take care that your center starts at your SECONDARY and this is 1920 pixels on the X-axis and 0 on the Y-axis. The resolution you want to play DCS with is 2560x1440 and this is what width and height display. The GUI should also be displayed on the SECONDARY only and respectively you do the same thing like at the CENTER. Finally you need to add the line UIMainView = GUI to show the GUI on the SECONDARY.

I hope this helps you to get what you want. In case of any question feel free to contact me again.

Xoxen

P.S.: You could use your MAIN to export instruments like MFCD, RWR etc.

Edited by xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...