Nevada New Lighting?

Is there any possibility to increase the visibility of night lighting on the Nevada map equal to Persian Gulf? @BIGNEWY can you pass this request on to the development team? Thanks!

Hero2.png

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

+1

Or rather the entire lighting technology, PG seems to have a drastically overhaulled lighting system that's yet to come to other maps (Syria and the Marianas being the worst offenders for me).

So far PG seems to have several improvements, and I plan on making a wishlist thread about it:

• The lights scale properly
  • They have a much longer range, without being giant orbs
  • Lights close up are much more diffuse, and properly account for LOS in most cases (so no seeing a big halo from behind a light).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@odrin I guess they talk mostly about Vegas where's abundance of lights at night and they even send some more into space from the pyramid. But it looks very poor in DCS currently.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Would be so great to get the NVG goggles working again for moonless nights.  I used to love flying the DCS F/A 18 from Nellis to Cree AFB on a moonless night, but it can no longer be accomplishted via VFR.  I hope DCS prioritizes restoring what used to work. 

I agree about the improving the NTTR lighting.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

+1000 for improved night lighting. It literally has been years and years since it was brought up. Strangely, Syria, which came years later than PG has much poorer lighting than the Gulf. Why this technology is not ported over to the other maps is hard to understand- given how well it works in PG. But the NTTR have waited the longest and should have it's due.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Regarding Nevada I would like to give my opinion. I am convinced that it is one of the most beautiful maps released. With my flight group we do a lot of training from Nellis. The biggest problem is that it was an abandoned map, I don't understand why it hasn't been updated and above all improved. Tons of activities can be done on such a scenario. This is what is missing and what disappoints the public the most, having something, paying for it and never seeing it finished. Yet I wonder a graphic expert with a good programmer how long it would take to improve the situation and make a lot of people happy. On this I am very disappointed and I'm sorry!

Inviato dal mio SM-G998B utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

4 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

never seeing it finished

Please be specific. The map is finished long time ago with only minor bugs still on the loose. There are plans to improve the lighting but that's it - what did you expect? It is showing its age, I admit, maybe some day it will get some more love.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Please be specific. The map is finished long time ago with only minor bugs still on the loose. There are plans to improve the lighting but that's it - what did you expect? It is showing its age, I admit, maybe some day it will get some more love.
What should I be more specific about? In addition to the lighting there would be many other improvements to be made. Upgrade airports for example with more detailed 3D models. It is a training map, maybe making polygons suitable for the purpose and much more.

• Like 1

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

16 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

Upgrade airports for example with more detailed 3D models. It is a training map, maybe making polygons suitable for the purpose and much more.

Yeah, that kind of specific. You said you are sorry, disappointed and the map is unfinished, yet you fly on it frequently, so I was stunned.

2 hours ago, Predator-78 said:

having something, paying for it and never seeing it finished

The map delivered on what was promised. So got what you paid for. 

What you want is for the map to be expanded, which is very different from saying it is unfinished against what was promised.

And lots of people would like to see this expansion, myself included. Liable to be at a cost, if ever done.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Predator-78 said:

... there would be many other improvements to be made. Upgrade airports for example with more detailed 3D models. .. maybe making polygons suitable ... and much more.

So, rather than unfinished, what you want are free improvements and updates ... 🙄

my opinion is that work must be paid for, and on my case I find the Nevada Map to be perfectly usable ... I improved the airports myself, created polygons too, using Static Templates, so I would not pay for an updated version, as I'd rather save the money to purchase more Maps, like Kola or Sinai. Probably I'm not the only one that thinks this way or ED would have already marketed an updated version, most likely there would be not enough demand to make it worthwhile for the developer.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The map delivered on what was promised. So got what you paid for. 
What you want is for the map to be expanded, which is very different from saying it is unfinished against what was promised.
And lots of people would like to see this expansion, myself included. Liable to be at a cost, if ever done.
I'm not asking for an expansion, but for it to be improved.

• Like 1

Firma DCS.png

1 hour ago, Predator-78 said:

to be improved

Your wording was you had paid for something that was not finished. That is not true. Map delivered on its promises.

Everybody wants everything to be improved.  So do I.

I just do not expect it to be for free as the map is finished. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I, the same as others posting just dread the lack of lights during night ops in NTTR. So I did a test using a light source (the light post is invisible) from the free Massun-92 Asset Pack. The lights do reflect off of objects such as aircraft. The only drawbacks I have found so far is that 1)the lights do not illuminate the cockpit when you are inside as does PG/Syria and 2)After finding all large spotlight posts and adding 3 light sources to each post (as shown in the screenshots) and ending up with a whole lot of lights, the Apache does not like all of the light sources and stutters when multiple are visible from the cockpit although all other aircraft tested so far seem to be fine.

I am going to tone down the lighting to see if I can get the Apache stutter free in the future.

image.jpeg

Screen_240117_234811.jpg

Screen_240117_234749.jpg

Screen_240117_234727.jpg

Screen_240117_234458.jpg

Screen_240117_234520.jpg

Screen_240117_234614.jpg

Screen_240110_011144.jpg

Here is Laughlin Airport south of Nellis...

Screen_240116_010227.jpg

Edited by 104th_Money
  • Like 1

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals.