c drive to d drive

my c drive is getting full. will DCS work on my d drive and if yes how would i go about moving it over ?
Yes, it's easy!
1. Move/copy to D drive
2. Update shortcuts to correct path
3. Run repair
3. Correct paths for other software (VAICOM etc.)

Can't think of more.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

demon72

You can make a link from driver C to D if you use the next one; you will save many space in driver C

Transferring modules to another drive

It often happens due to the large size of modules for DCS World, there is not enough free space on the drive to install new modules.

If we have two or more drives installed on our system, we have the option to separately transfer large modules to another drive using symbolic links for folders in Windows.

How to transfer a module to another drive using the example of the Caucasus map included in the free game DCS World:

For example, the game is installed: D:\Games\DCS World (OpenBeta) and we additionally have drive E.

1. Create a folder on the E drive, for example DCS World Modules.
2. Transfer the Caucasus folder located: D:\Games\DCS World\Mods\terrains to drive E into the DCS World Modules folder.
3. We launch the command prompt (cmd) as administrator, for this we execute the command through the Start menu. Right-click - Start - Run: write cmd and click OK.
4. In the console window that appears, write the command: mklink /J "D:\Games\DCS World\Mods\terrains\Caucasus" "E:\DCS World Modules\Caucasus"
5. Check if a link to the Caucasus folder appears in the terrains folder.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I just uninstall and reinstall.  Fussy way. 🤪

yep  might  take  abit  longer  but  as  long  you  save  your  key  binds  and  saved  games  before you  do though, least you know  you got the latest  and  up  to  date  and  clean install again 🙂

Edited by pete_auau