HMS Ocean (L12) / NAM Atlântico (A140) By T-Pap (Updated Fix)

** User files donwload file has been updated . Delete old version and install new ! **

With the Apache on its way and the Chinook mod available , it's time to have a carrier for them both 🙂

NAM Atlântico (A140) ex- HMS Ocean (L12).

Two models will be provided , one for the Ocean and its fittings and one for the Atlantico .

Currently trying to finish animations and lighting as well as clean up some of the texturing !

Version 1 : NOW AVAILABLE : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318835/

atlantico 2.PNG

atlantico 3.PNG

hms ocean.PNG

Edited by T-Pap
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

55 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Brilliant, really nice.

Only criticism for HMS Ocean is the 2 LCVP Mk9 on the port side have the wrong textures, they should be the same as the Starboard side, all four brown and grey camo. 

Screen_211017_192100.png

Ahhh my bad , didnt update the texture file ! Will do it on next update !

50 minutes ago, Greg504221 said:

How did you install the UK Liveries? I've tried and tried, no luck! When I open the Brazilian NAVY Mod folder, all the ships are in zip files, so I'm having issues with the UK Liveriers!

Thanks

Hi Greg , I have absolutely no idea what you mean !haha ,

The ship comes in two models ready without livery need . Look for HMS Ocean in your ship category that will be ready with the UK look and Nam Atlantico to get the Brazilian variant. No need for liveries etc here ,

1 hour ago, Shrike88 said:

Question.  What would cause it to not show up in the ME ? Installed the mod correctly just like every other in the Tech folder.  Have you had this issue before ? I see the roundel / Icon in the main menu screen.  Just not showing up in the ME.

Same here. I see the mod icon but not in the ship list in ME. 

15 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Question.  What would cause it to not show up in the ME ? Installed the mod correctly just like every other in the Tech folder.  Have you had this issue before ? I see the roundel / Icon in the main menu screen.  Just not showing up in the ME.

Did you manage to resolve the issue ? either by taking off the brackets on the folder (removing the (TPAP) ) ending or otherwise ? Did a few tests and cant replcate problem

18 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Just in time for the Apache ! Nice work.  Able to spawn the harrier on this  ? 

Yes however i havent fixed the spawn points for planes so might not work properly . I'm torn between allowing them or keeping to the original idea and having it only as a helicopter carrier.

I´m still have that problem. 

Folder renamed but the ship is not visible on the editor.

I did as wsell.

I use OvGME.

I placed the main folder in the same folder as his other two carriers..

It then worked. I also added these two lines to the entry lua.

dofile(current_mod_path..'/Seacat.lua')
    dofile(current_mod_path..'/HMS_Ocean.lua')
    dofile(current_mod_path..'/Nam_Atlantico.lua')
    ship_file(current_mod_path..'/HMS_Ocean.lua')
    ship_file(current_mod_path..'/Nam_Atlantico.lua')
    --ship_file(current_mod_path..'/HMS_OceanRunwaysAndRoutes.lua')
    --dofile(current_mod_path.."/Database/db_units_ships.lua")

I don't know if this last step was needed.

But it works!

Hope this helps.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I had the same problem here: HMS Ocean and Nam Atlantico dosen’t show in the encyclopaedia as well as in ME, but after installing the other mod from T-Pap HMS Invincible it work for me.

may that help other people!

best regards

rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

This is very strange.

WITHOUT HMS Invincible and Illustrious, the HMS Ocean doesn´t show on the editor.

WITH both carriers on tech, HMS ocean DID show.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi,

Thanks crazyeddie,

I just did the test with the latest Open Beta version. The presence of the HMS_Invincible is necessary for the HMS Ocean and Nam Atlantico to appear in the ME.

There is a reference to seacat.lua in the entry .lua file which is not in the mod. Is this a possible explanation?

Edited by Marroux