HMS Ocean (L12) / NAM Atlântico (A140) By T-Pap (Updated Fix)

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Seacat - That may be the problem, I dont use the Invincible Mod in my game but I do have Joeys Hermes, which also has a seacat.lua.  That is probably why it is working in my game.  HMS Ocean never had Seacats fitted, I dont know if they were fitted to her for the sale to Brazil ?

This Mod has a Seact.lua nominated in the entry.lua but there is no Seacat edm in the shapes folder, so its looking for something that isnt there.  

The simple solution to this for the moment is deselect the seact.lua in the entry.lua - it isnt needed for now.  Do this to deactivate it, two -- in front of the line:

--dofile(current_mod_path..'/Seacat.lua')

You should also be aware that there was a conflict between the Invincible and Illustrious Mods, both have Seacat's fitted but they are mods made in different scales so whichever Mod comes first in your drop down that Seacta is the one that appears on both ships, and one is MUCH larger that the other. I dont know if the guys who made these 2 Mods ever sorted that out. 

Both Illustrious and Invincible were made by me . Do you have some pic t show me of this conflict with the seacat size ? This does not appear on my machine or most others and is first i have heard of it . 

File has been updated and should work !

Edited by T-Pap

• T-Pap changed the title to HMS Ocean (L12) / NAM Atlântico (A140) By T-Pap (Updated Fix)

Custom weapons needs unique names otherwise there is a conflict between mods. Even by the same author.

I had to rename my Seacats for the

60's Hermes (Seacat_69),

70's/80's Hermes (Seacat_H - same folder/mod so it is okey)

and my patrol boats (Seacat_V).

DCS is  delicate and confused when things are named the same in different folders. 

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

15 minutes ago, joey45 said:

Custom weapons needs unique names otherwise there is a conflict between mods. Even by the same author.

I had to rename my Seacats for the

60's Hermes (Seacat_69),

70's/80's Hermes (Seacat_H - same folder/mod so it is okey)

and my patrol boats (Seacat_V).

DCS is  delicate and confused when things are named the same in different folders. 

Its the size issue that I would like to see . Never heard of somthing like this relating to the scalling epsecially considering both Invicinble and Illustrious are exactly the same model with different deck fittings so makes no sense what crazyeddie posted

7 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Sorry Joey, trying to fix the issue with this Mod and was offering up some historical problems that may have had a bearing ... but probably dont exist now, I should not have mentioned that as its just confusing the issue.

This Mod has an entry for the Seacat and no edm to go with it, so that has to be part of the problem.  

I cant duplicate the historical issue so best forget it ... my fault for trying to be helpful, wont do it again. 🤐

The issue with the EDM has been addressed and fixed in the new file .
As for the historical issue I am not critising you if that is what you think ... I merely cant understand how what you wrote couldbe possible seeing that the Illustrious doesnt have a seacat launcher on it at all and they are the same model with deck differences ...

You said "both have Seacat's fitted but they are mods made in different scales" ... the illustrious doesnt 

The new version still doesnt work alone, without HMS Illustrious or HMS Invincible.

Not on the editor´s list.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks for the tip Marroux.

PD: No luck here. Inserted the seacat.lua file inside the Ocean folder, still no ship on the editor´s list.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

9 hours ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Thanks for the tip Marroux.

PD: No luck here. Inserted the seacat.lua file inside the Ocean folder, still no ship on the editor´s list.

Hi,

The new version proposed for download by T-Pap at the beginning of the topic corrects the problem of the reference to Seacat.lua initially present.
The mod works correctly.

Thanks to T-Pap for this beautiful ship.

17 hours ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

The new version still doesnt work alone, without HMS Illustrious or HMS Invincible.

Not for me, sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Not for me, sorry.

Check if the mission editor historic filter is active (the clock icon on the status bar). No user mod is compatible with that filter.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

18 hours ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Thanks Rudel but the time frame icon is not ticked. Is something else. Only having the Invincible and the Illustrious inside mods folder makes the Ocean shows in the list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, TempestRiser said:

Someone else falling through the deck when trying to land / takeoff from this ship?

Can you send a screenshot of falling through deck . Required to see where in the model there might be a problem wth the collision model that isnt working. 

On 10/20/2021 at 11:37 AM, Esac_mirmidon said:

Not for me, sorry.

Just to confirm you deleted compelely the previous folder with all contents and re installed new folder from new zip ? 

Yes. And it seems im not the only one.

Is very strange only with the other British Carriers, the Ocean shows on the list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have spent the day rewritting the luas.
When I deleted or my mods , i had the same problem on and off though . Some times it worked , others it didnt .. Some weird conflict in the coding howerer i re-wrote the code so it should work now as i have tested and ensured aswell..

Please try and tell me 🙂  Download the updated version in the user files here :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318835/

5 hours ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

Yes. And it seems im not the only one.

Is very strange only with the other British Carriers, the Ocean shows on the list.

I think this should work now , let me know 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318835/

On 10/20/2021 at 1:03 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Check if the mission editor historic filter is active (the clock icon on the status bar). No user mod is compatible with that filter.

Please check new file 🙂

On 10/20/2021 at 12:40 PM, Tuniorez said:

Same. Still not showing in ME after the 'fix update', tried put Seacat.lua file from HMS Invincible mod inside the folder and is not showing aswell. 

Check new file ! 🙂

• Like 1

SPOT ON ¡¡¡¡

Now is working flawlessly. Thanks for taking your time fixing it and for your kind patience T-Pap

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

SPOT ON ¡¡¡¡

Now is working flawlessly. Thanks for taking your time fixing it and for your kind patience T-Pap

Thank the heavens ! Drove me crazy ! Super happy it worked 🙂 Will now get on to getting the weapons work !!

• Like 1

I'm getting a missing texture on most of the railings..

Md2iHRU.png

bvdCZzj.png

gPEQDyT.png

and a geometry error on some of the railings as well..

So far it's looking great.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45