Erratas of english manual...

Legolasindar

Common Hydraulic System?

The manual references a common Hydraulic system, having worked on helicopters for over 16 years is the correct translation Utility hydraulic System? or is it indeed labled by the manufacturer as a common hyd system?

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• ED Team
The manual references a common Hydraulic system, having worked on helicopters for over 16 years is the correct translation Utility hydraulic System? or is it indeed labled by the manufacturer as a common hyd system?

In the official Ka-50 documents it is named "Общая гидросистема". In English it may be translated as "common" or "general hydraulic".

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Then "general" is better choice as "common" can easily be missunderstood as "plain", "common to all" or "regular".

"General" goes better with the supposed meaing "overall", no?

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Page 282 (chapter 6-2):

Engage the ejection system switches by first raising their safe cover (yellow-black zebra) ,

either i am color blind or it is red-black zebra

Page 307 (chapter 6-27):

SPECIAL HARDWERE CONSIDERATIONS FOR CONTROLLING A HELICOPTER

Should be Hardware i suppose

Page 317 (chapter 7-9):

When receiving target data, the Voice Messaging Unit (VMU) will announce «Принять ЦУ» (received target data). At the same time, the Data Link Panel will have lighted buttons according to target type or ingress point received, and sender‟s flight number.

Actually in game the VMU tells you "Watch Ekran" and Ekran will state something like "DL target Received"

Page 334 (chapter 7-27):

FIRING ROCKET OR CANNONS WITHOUT AUTO-TRACKING

This is a minor thing but it should be called ROCKETS, since the following headlines are firing rockets and cannons too

Page 336 (chapter 7-28 ):

Employing Rockets or Cannon with the Standby Reticle

Another minor thing, but either the above headlines should be changed to rockets and cannon or this one to rockets and cannons

Edited by Maverick-GER-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

Errors in the GUI Manual:

Page 52:

However, when you select tools such as ADD HELICOTERS, ADD ZONE, etc., the selected mode will be indicated here. Possible modes include...

Should be Helicopters

ADD HELIC

Should be either Heli or Helicopter

Pgae 56:

ADD AIRPLANE, ADD HELICOTPER, ADD SHIP, ADD VEHICLE, ADD STATIC, ADD TEMPLATE, and REMOVE.

Helicopter again =)

The Flight menu allows you start a loaded mission and enter the simulationor convert a recorded (track) mission into an AVI video file.

Space missing so it should be simulation or

Edited by Maverick-GER-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

MAGNETIC VARIATION

There are a number of references to this in the manual. Variation in the area is quoted as 5 degrees but with no direction. Given its 5 degrees East in the Caucus the direction should be included whenever it is referred to. A value without direction is meaningless.

Page 2-51, Page 2-76 Para 2-45 item 2.

A Gentle reminder that if "Variation is east Magnetic is least" might also be appropriate

Item 1 on Page 2-51 listed as "Full variation" this is incorrect. The angle depicted as item 1 is the Total correction of Deviation and Variation.

DOPPLER DRIFT AND GROUND SPEED

There is ref to this system in the EKRAN system message list on Page 2-31 Catlogue number 61 "Doppler device for ground speed and drift angle failure"

Does the KA50 have Doppler input to the nav system ? I cant find reference to it anywhere else in the manual.

Edited by IvanK

• 2 weeks later...

Airspeed Indicator

The airspeed indicator displays the aircraft‟s forward velocity. The indicated values start at 20 km/h and use an expanded scale up to 50km/h. After 50km/h, the scale is demarcated in 10km/h increments. The indicator though is incapable of measuring IAS below 50-70 km/h or when flying backwards.

Page 42/385 2-22 flight manual.

The numbers in the picture 2-18 Airspeed Indicator are from 2 to 35....

Black Shark flight 35 or 70 km/h?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win XP HOME, MB ASUS P5KPL, INTEL COREL 2 DUO E6420, 2GB 667 MHZ DDR2 DIMM, ATI PCI EX X700 PRO 256MB RADEON , SAITEK X45

Corrections for Chapters 1 and 2

ii: CONTERMEASURES SYSTEMS

iii: Wall panel, Forward Section: 'p' in panel should be capitalized for consistency

iv: MENU/OPTION Sub-Mode: 'm' in mode should be lower case for consistency

1-3: 1st paragraph: kgf/sq.cm.. : extra period

1-6: Advanced Map Moving System (AMMS): should be Advanced Moving Map System

1-7: 5th bullet "Rubicon" should be Rubikon for consistency

1-8: CONTERMEASURES SYSTEMS

2-6: paragraph under 1 thru 9: "input control manger"

2-16: third paragraph in HSI section: "and the either the"

2-17: Figure 2-12 label: "HSI Indicator" is redundant

2-20: 5: QFE pressure scale in millimeters of mercury: should be "tens of millimeters"

2-35: Running engines shouldn't be hotter than 150 C but stopped engines shouldn't be hotter than 800 C? Is this backwards?

2-40: 2. "This four position switch and three speeds and off positions)." ?

2-42: bottom center box in table: WAEPON

2-47: 3rd paragraph: "how may flares"

2-58: 4. "can store up to the six waypoints"

2-62: 18. "coordinates will [be] similar."

2-71: note under table: "Aidroms list"

2nd paragraph: "switch is set it to the"

2-81: "monitoring of oil pressure, transmission oil pressure, and engine oil pressure" - redundant - third item should be "oil temperature"?

2-90 and 2-91: items 1 and 2 have exact same description

2-92: UBM-U is not shown on picture of panel on previous page, and there's no description of BCP and BPN in the figure

Paragraph starting "Before a second" says "the rocket type of gun pod", "of" should be "or"?

2-98: Maikop / Maykop inconsistency

"you will here broadcasts"

2-100: NNY "Moving canon"

2-101: second bullet: "postion"

4-4: 1. "Target Bearning Scale"

Edited by GregP
Realized fuel usage quotation of "137 g / (hp * hr)" meant g = grams, not gallons, so removed comment.

Page 353

"Inbound

You ask the tower for information about landing at the airfield. The tower replies with heading (in degrees), distance, QFE (air pressure at airfield elevation) and recommends the pilot to assume the pattern altitude. This altitude is usually specific for each airfield; however it can be assumed to be 300 m by default. FARPs will illuminate the their landing pad at night after this message is sent."

hi, i would like to suggest that you update the pictures in the english manual to reflect the actual cockpit (which is in english). i mean the text on the gauges and switches is in english. it would be nice to have those russian names removed from the text aswell. thanks!

hi, i would like to suggest that you update the pictures in the english manual to reflect the actual cockpit (which is in english).

Or at least update the translations used to be the same as in the English cockpit. I originally posted this in this thread, but I'll repost it here as you may want to change it in the manual as it makes using the procedures confusing as it is.

This is from the "Fly over target point designation on page 7-5", which was the one I was struggling with yesterday.

1. Set the Mode selector dial on the Navigation Control panel to the "ПРОЛ"

(Enter) position.

The switch I think they mean is labeled Edit in the English cockpit, not Enter. To confuse matters more there is a switch close by which is labeled Enter (though not a mode selector). In the Russian cockpit both are labeled ПРОЛ.

2. Set "И-251В ПРОЛ" (INU fix-taking method) switch to the "ПРОЛ" (Over-

fly) position.

This one is labeled "INU" And "Update" in the english cockpit. Apparently Update is the "Over-fly" position, and "INU" corresponds to skhval.

3. Press "ОТ" (Target point) push-light.

This is labled NAV TGT

4. Select the TP number you wish to assign from the key pad (1...10).

Numbers are the same :)

5. Once above the target, press the "ЦУ" (Designate target) button on the cyclic

and the helicopters coordinates will be appear on the Navigation Control

panel display. The "ОТ" (Target point) symbol will be displayed on the HUD.

This one doesn't appear to be labeled ЦУ in the Russian cockpit either to confuse matters more. But the key list does at least refer to it as designate target, so you can figure out which key to use.

6. Press the "ПРОЛ" (Enter) button on the Navigation Control panel a second

time and the fly-over coordinates will be entered as a TP in the navigation

system. The "ОТ" (Target point) symbol on the HUD will go out.

Now things get even more confusing. Because I believe they now want us to press the button named Enter in the english cockpit, however it's not the second time, as in the first step the mode selector was put in the "Edit" position, not pressing the "Enter" button.

7. After creating the TP, set the Mode selector dial on the Navigation Control

panel to the "РАБ" (Work) position.

It's labeled "Oper" in the English cockpit, not "Work".

Or at least update the translations used to be the same as in

the English cockpit.

yeah, that would be fair, taking into account the number of

systems we have to learn just by reading the manual.

i can't help but compare this to the Falcon manual... that one

seems to be more of a tutorial. this looks like a reference.

anyway, i like the text... it's very well writen!

sorry for going off-topic again.

:pilotfly:

Don't know if this has been posted before, but on page 2 you can read

A large focus of DCS: Black Shark, compared to our earlier products, has been on providing good mission gameplay. We did this through several methods:

1 - ......

2 - Rather than a linear campaign that requires the player to successfully complete a mission before moving on to the next, we have included a phased-campaign system that allows a front line to move back and forth and allow a non-linear mission progression.

Which is not true at all. The campaigns are indeed linear or do I miss something?

(have only played the first campaign though, not even finnished)

Edited by d0ppler

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

• 4 weeks later...
Don't know if this has been posted before, but on page 2 you can read

Which is not true at all. The campaigns are indeed linear or do I miss something?

(have only played the first campaign though, not even finnished)

Deployment is linear but the GOW campaign is a "spiderweb" of missions that the player can take many different paths through.

Can the manual be updated with all 3 positions of the BR-x-RD and DT-x-DH switches near the autopilot buttons? The center positions of the switches is not mentioned.

English version with printed manual announced for 15-MAR-2009 at SimWare Simulation 360:

Ka-50 Black Shark (DCS)

[English Version]

Printed manual - 600 pages in color !

VAT excl. € 33.05

Because I am an online "buying virgin" I guess I have to wait for the 15 march 2009 ;).

EUROPEAN HEADQUARTER

SHOWROOM & SHOP

Chaussee de Ruisbroek 290

1620 Drogenbos - Belgium

Open from Tuesday to Saturday

(10am to 1pm and 2 to 5pm)

GMT+1 (Brussels time)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

• 2 weeks later...

For ED: If the manual has been changed since the english release and a new PDF is expected out with the patch, could you please include a list of which pages have changed? I would really not like to have to print the whole thing again. All maintained aviation publications are issued with changelogs in my experience - updating one's pubs is not the most pleasant of tasks, but much more pleasant then manually feeding 383 A5 pages into a non-double-sided home printer :o

I'm sure I could do it myself with something like this: http://www.softinterface.com/MD%5CCompare-PDF-File.htm but as a service to the whole community it would be much appreciated.

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Page 3-107: FPL Sub-Mode, item 25: Distance from aircraft position to route terminal point, calculated from current ground speed

Guess that last part needs to be deleted

Also: 27. Required amount of fuel for flight from aircraft position to route terminal point, calculated from current ground speed

I guess the amount of fuel is calculated using the time calculated based on the current GS (item 26) but it is not clear if it is based on measured fuel flow or manually entered fuel flow

Edited by Tbag

• 2 months later...

Page 1-5 lists the radios and states that the Ka-50 has a R-868 VHF radio.

This is not mentioned anywhere else in the manual but there are numerous mentions of the R-828.

I think the R-868 mentioned on page 1-5 is a typo and it should be R-828.

• 3 months later...

Page 289

"To initiate a manual, vertical descent from a hover, decrease the collective so that the descent rate is no greater than 3 m/s at altitudes above 10 m but greater than 3m/s. If it is too high, you risk a vortex ring entry."

huh?