GBU 38 do not hit the target - They first lift and then drop like a stone

Limaro

Hi,

I was experiancing a strage thing today. Most of my GBU-38 started to drop far away from target. After some total fails, I started recording a video.

The effect I observed: The bombs started to lift right after drop. doing this, they lose most of their speed and then simply drops down to earth like stones. My very first ones (which i unfortunately did not capture in video) the failed hardly, as I droped them only few seconds after being in range. They were then arround a quater of a mile away from target.

The Video: At (00:45) I drop two bombs. The second hits quite OK, the first bomb shows the effect very good.

I can also share track, but it was neer end of long session. File has 211 MB.

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have been testing and not seen any issue, we would need a short as possible track replay example showing the problem to investigate further. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thats interesting, in my quick single player it also does not seem to happen. luckily, I just flew in 4YA, and just after  ~10 minutes it happens. But the file exeedes anyway the 5MB. I uploaded it here: https://www.file-upload.net/download-14724357/4YA_Cauc_Capture_Base_v3.6_Maykop_BC-20211020-203812.trk.html

To Explain:

- I first sit into A10 but dont start ~ 2minutes
- Second in F18, and start and get shot after ~3 min😒
- Third flight is the one. Starting Sochi.

All takes arround 10minutes.

To mention the following:

- The JDAMs were not finished aligned. I know, but this may not be the cause. from my previous flights they were, but happend anyway.

- Also the small lift at dropping should not be the cause. In the video the jet was quite leveled.

Edited by Limaro

1 hour ago, Swiftwin9s said:

Wait so, you're dropping them whilst unaligned and they are missing. But when you let them align they hit?

Please read what I wrote

• ED Team

Its important to make sure you are aligned correctly and same for your ordinance before use. The track replay is to long and does not play back correctly for me. 

We really need as short as possible track replays to investigate issues, if it can be reproduced in single player even better, but I am not seeing any problem when I test. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I feel very unconfortable to say that: It has nothing to do with the alignment. Everything was always aligned well, playing on the server - just this single one for the "smaller" track, I only reproduced for this forum, was not.

However, I don't know what causes this. I tried a lot of things to reproduce in a single player, but was not able to. 😔

Yesterday, I flew again on 4YA (caucasus, PVE). And again, about the half of GBU missed their target just like in the video I've linked at the beginning😒. So I have to guess it's some kind of a server/data transmissioning Problem.

If there is a way to produce some debug-log, which you can use for analysis, just let me know how. Meanwhile, I will again do my best to have a very short MP-track with no fails at beginning 😶

I made again a video. With Everything, starting at the Carrier.

It shows this issue on a impressive way. MAybe to reproduce you'll have to go on the french 4YA server 🧐

This is an old persistent bug.

The harrier had the same issue, might still have it with gbu31.

The max range is more like the start of the possibility the bomb will hit, and that possibility starts at 0%.

When you drop at 2% or what have you, the bomb ap trys to save its potential energy ( altitude) but loses air speed until it can't fly then drops dumb. 

Problem i think is the ap seems to try for a high impact angle (almost vertical), this becomes a problem it can't resolve when released at slow speed or long distance. 

Since the release queue changes to the harrier hits are 99% with gbu 38/54 that's no laser 54s

Although the gbu on harrier still seem to go for high angle its less of issue because the queue is fixed. Funny that if you release late the bomb Flys past target then does some funny banana maneuver to fly back but still makes the hit.