Latest DCS 2.7.6.13436 with Quest2 @30Hz is smooth and clear

whitav8

Possibly this level of performance / smoothness (no stutter when looking sideways) plus image clarity was possible before but I didn't realize that I could set the ASW "lock FPS" value to 30 Hz (using Oculus Tray Tool) even though I have to use SteamVR with the Oculus Quest2. My PC is a 9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070 and it seems to look really good at ASW on/30Hz along with the recent image upgrade called Link sharpening. My non ASW performance is just below 45Hz so 30 Hz is rock solid even with MSAA 4x.  I know that motion reprojection has its downside but I just prefer to be able to look 90 degrees from boresight and have it be smooth like in RL.

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Why would you have to use Steam VR with a Quest 2?

DCS supports Oculus headsets natively doesn't it?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

OK - I forgot to change the settings on the Launcher so that Oculus  was the default. I will have to test the performance differences though - for curiosity - I did notice that I could easily have the Oculus Performance HUD show with SteamVR but not with direct Oculus - unless I am missing something. Anyway, 30Hz is very smooth and the Link sharpening is a big improvement.

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)