AH-64D virtual tour.

oscar19681

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

nice! nice! 👍

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Anyone know what thing that looks like a line cutter on the nose is for? Some kind of tiedown point?

Capture.JPG

Its called an WSPS (pronounced wisspiss) Wire Strike Protection System. Mixed reviews whether or not it actually would work or does work. Consensus would be it doesnt hurt and if it clips a wire successfully then its worth it. I personally don't know anyone whose hit something with it. I have heard stories both successful and unsuccessful and neither have been confirmed in anyway, so I leave it there. 

source- personal experience.

This reminds me of a video I seen a while back. Seems to have worked well on this helicopter. It looks like at least two wires entered the wire protection system above the cockpit. 

1:50 time mark: 

https://youtu.be/nCYcijn7StU

20211020_205335.jpg

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

It's pretty neat to see some of the upgrades they've made to the AH-64D over the years. All sorts of new missile warning sensors have appeared. Looks like there is an IR laser attached to the M230 chain gun now, I'm guessing to help confirm targets in CAS situations. The exhaust IR signature suppressors are angled upwards now, probably a good thing when they're are no enemy fighters to worry about. The "disco ball" IR jammer seems to have gone too.

35 minutes ago, MoarDakka said:

Looks like there is an IR laser attached to the M230 chain gun now

IZLID. Used for both confirming targets as well as directing ground units to targets. Much easier for the Apache to tell the JTAC "It's where my laser is pointing" rather than trying to pass a grid.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 10:20 PM, AlphaOneSix said:

IZLID. Used for both confirming targets as well as directing ground units to targets. Much easier for the Apache to tell the JTAC "It's where my laser is pointing" rather than trying to pass a grid.

Is the IZLID a feature we could see on the DCS Apache? From what i have heard it is a fairly late block II addition so it could be dubious, but isn't the CMWS a really late block II upgrade as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

hace 51 minutos, Nanne118 dijo:

Is the IZLID a feature we could see on the DCS Apache? From what i have heard it is a fairly late block II addition so it could be dubious, but isn't the CMWS a really late block II upgrade as well?

Unfortunately nope, the laser pointer integration on late deltas had an additional panel with the AWS laser on/off switch in the center pedestal below of the MPDs, so it's quite unlikely at this stage.

• Like 1

hace 3 minutos, kgillers3 dijo:

yes to echo, which is why when peeps refer to specific capabilities I yield due to my ignorance, but i know the panel for the some were on the left dependent on country and honestly unit.  I think add on equipment is a variable at best.  If this is discombulated i have a monster child running around terrorizing me and my thoughts rn so I apologize.  With this being mid block-ish release I have no idea what features will be included or not included. But it was a genuine question.  

No problem haha, no need for apologies, it's normal to ask about details since aircraft have differences from country to country, and there is a lot of wild speculation going around in the forums so one can never be sure when it's accurate or extracted from wikipedia lol.