GEE

stuart666

Much to my surprise, I was reading today that the aircraft used on the Amien raid were using Gee as a navigational aid to make landfall where there was no flak guns, and that Coastal Command (Perhaps entirely understandably) were also using it. I think this would make an interesting option for the sim, particularly with a working AI Navigator giving your position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycE3U8sGpW0

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing, hadn't seen this before will need to follow these chaps as they also did a great video on the R1155. 

I have to say the lack of Gee on the Mossie does make me rather annoyed. 

I made a thread a few months back when I saw the placement of the R1155, T1154 and antenna as this indicated that we wouldn't be getting Gee however no one seemed particularly bothered about this 🤬

Seems foolish to not model a system which appears to be present on the vast majority of FB.VI. 

As it stands what we have from my brief look is actually quite a rare sight.... A Gee less FB.VI. 😤

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Ah so you did, my apologies I clearly missed that one.

Yes, it clearly warrants inclusion. Indeed its difficult to see how its going to be possible to navigate effectively over water without some kind of location equipment. Id personally pay extra for its inclusion, such as they have already done with that flight management computer they have fitted to a number of aircraft.

Perhaps its rather niche, but it does seem to be among the start of the electronic revolution in combat aircraft.

Incidentally, if you liked that site, there is a guy whom has been restoring WW2 bombsights, including a Sperry T1, as used by the RAF in various aircraft.

• Like 1

No worries it is a redundant thread as it stands, didn't get the focus I had originally hoped. 

So I am glad you raised this again in the Wishlist area. 👍

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• ED Team

The team are aware of the system, but currently it would require a lot of work to implement. For now we will say maybe one day. 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...

@DD_FenrirNow this sounds promising. 

Looking forward to updates as and when, keep us posted.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

RV Jones book “The Very Secret War” has a lot of info about WW2 radio navigation, radar and countermeasures as well as plenty of other stuff.

Jones was a scientist in RAF counter intelligence during the war so it’s a first hand account. I was surprised how important radio navigation and countermeasures were to both sides, particularly during the night bombing campaigns.