Any 3x 2560x1440 users here?

Hi,

Is anybody here running a 3-monitor setup @ 2560x1440 each? This is pushing over 11 million pixels and I was wondering what CPU/GPU were needed to produce a decent experience (40 - 60fps). 

Thanks!

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Belphe,

I´m running 3x 2560x1440 resolution. It highly depends on what your expectations are settings wise. If you follow this link you will see a comparison of different settings and different triple display resolutions incl. my actual settings and resolution.

Link

What I can say is that an RTX 3080 is by far superior obove an RX 6800 XT. I had the opportunity to test both and Nvidia beats it by over 40%. You may also have a look at this link to see some more info.

Link 2

Generally I can say the CPU isn´t that important, the GPU brings the FPS at that resolution. Upgrading from an i7 4790K to an 5800X did not bring any benefit with the same GPU.

To achieve reasonable frames with good quality settings you would need something like a RTX 3070 or higher. In the following you see my actual settings. On a busy Syria Server I can easiliy be above 40 FPS on the ground. In the sky I´m mostly around 60 (plusminus). On the Marianas I am slightly below 40 over Guam, but with my hardware you will get what you want. If you have a look at the links, you will also find a link to a shader mod which brings a huge boost in the 3x 1440p (MOD). If you have any further specific questions, don´t hesitate to ask me accordingly.

DCS settings basis.png

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Hi Belphe, whats your current specs?

Straight off the bat, to do that resolution at high settings with any form of AA applied you will need a 3080 minimum. I run 4k and I own a 6800xt and have tested a 3080 and a 3080ti. At that resolution go with Nvidia. I'm having an educated guess but I think the memory bandwidth is strangling the AMD cards potential at these resolutions. The AMD cards can do straight forward 4k, but I doubt they will push much past that. 

As for a CPU, I am being a bit vague here but a relevantly recent Intel or AMD 6 core CPU running over 4Ghz is enough (for DCS). Just pair that with 32gb of as close to 3200Mhz memory and you should be ok. If I knew your current spec I could advise you more on which way to go with your system.

Have been using triple 1440p monitors for several years now.  First on 1080ti, now on 3080.  Here is a post about my experiences on 1080ti and 3080 in DCS.

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.