Ozone1

A case for Southwest Africa  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a Southwest African map for DCS World? (Southern Angola / Northern Namibia)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/21 at 05:37 PM

19 hours ago, Tippis said:

There's “large map” and then there's large map. What you have there is some 3500 km across. This should be compared to the maybe 800-900km we generally see in the largest of DCS maps, and even then, a huge portion of that consists of empty or low-detail voids, but the map stretches out simply because one of the corners have a bit of detail to it and the whole thing needs to be a rectangle. All other corners go unfurnished and unpopulated. Any longer distance and the decorated area needs to be more narrow, or just be a lot of empty sea for convenience's sake.

Cut that down to a 16th and you get something the game can possible handle and present in a meaningful and interesting way.

I realize it's a large map. I'm hoping for the day that DCS leaves it's tendency to being a hardware hog behind, so we can have even nicer things. Including more maps that'll run your tanks dry.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

On 8/6/2022 at 11:49 AM, Bremspropeller said:

I realize it's a large map. I'm hoping for the day that DCS leaves it's tendency to being a hardware hog behind, so we can have even nicer things. Including more maps that'll run your tanks dry.

In the last bigger interview Wags stated that (as far as I remember) the 10+ year future goal is a world map anyway. Hopefully it will not be flat as the other maps^^
What they are going to do with the maps that are out now, no idea, but I hope they might be able to recylce them and use them as higher resolution patches on a satellite image world.

A bit like MSFS and its world updates.

• Like 2

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this thread; I really like a map of this type/style. Hope can we have one soon.

• Like 2

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg