Modules not authorized to be used with my account

Fukitsuna

Hi everyone,
Today I executed DCS openbeta as usual and several popups appeared reporting " [ModuleX] not authorized to be used with your account".

I noticed the modules giving this error are the ones I bought when I had the game on steam (I'm on standalone now since mid 2020 I believe).
I tried to retrieve the code on steam but I've been unsuccessful. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Hoping to be in the right forum section and thanks in advance!

Immagine.png

Edited by Fukitsuna
png added

Having the exact same issue.  Transferred from Steam to Standalone over a year ago.  Tonight all my transferred modules are giving the same message as the OP.  For me this means PG, Nevada, FC3, CA, Gazelle, Mi-8Hip, and Huey, are not working.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Morning all, 

just woken up here in the UK, yes it seems there is a possible steam issue the team are looking into it.

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Please note you may need to rebind your steam account to your ED account to resolve this. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I was never on Steam, I have been on the standalone since the very beginning. I started DCS today and All my modules say "Failed to get Authorization Data: Error Code is:500. No Saved  Authorization Found.

I go through and reauthorize the modules , then next time I start it I get the same problem and error.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

12 minutes ago, tusler said:

I was never on Steam, I have been on the standalone since the very beginning. I started DCS today and All my modules say "Failed to get Authorization Data: Error Code is:500. No Saved  Authorization Found.

Check your PC time, the authorization check is date-sensitive ... be sure to have both the Time Zone and the Date/Time correct. 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I go through and reauthorize the modules , then next time I start it I get the same problem and error.
Yes, try what @Rudel_chw suggests about system time. Worked for others with the same issue.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forum.dcs.world/topic/286427-module-fail-to-activate/&share_tid=286427&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

V.2.7.7.16140 Open Beta

A-10a,F-15c,Su-25,Su-27,Yak-52 all Authorization failed

Authorization valid for 3 days: Channel, Su–25, SU-27, A-10a,F-15c,Yak-52and MiG-27

I get this message on the DCS DLC Registration page at startup every time. I just skip each one and then DCS starts. 
I have never used steam. My clock is in sync.

It’s been doing this for months but I have no idea why. I’d rather blow sh_t up! 
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks BarraCuda

5 hours ago, deirpo said:

Attach your dcs.log file to gather more clues about your issue.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

V.2.7.7.16140 Open Beta
A-10a,F-15c,Su-25,Su-27,Yak-52 all Authorization failed
Authorization valid for 3 days: Channel, Su–25, SU-27, A-10a,F-15c,Yak-52and MiG-27
I get this message on the DCS DLC Registration page at startup every time. I just skip each one and then DCS starts. 
I have never used steam. My clock is in sync.
It’s been doing this for months but I have no idea why. I’d rather blow sh_t up! 
Thanks BarraCuda
Have you purchased those modules? If not have you tried them in free to play, and didn't uninstall them when the trial ended?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• ED Team

deirpo,
I didn't find the Channel map and the Yak-52 among your purchases. Perhaps these modules were installed during the "Free Play" promotion period.
Modules Su-25, SU-27, A-10a, F-15c, and MiG-27 delete via the Module Manager. These modules have nothing to do with the FC3 package you purchased.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, 

Sorry to revive this post; I am randomly having the same issues. My PG and F18 modules which were purchased on Steam years ago have suddenly become unauthorized after a repair. I have investigated the log, but cant see anything obvious.

4 minutes ago, Hallsy said:

Hi Guys, Sorry to revive this post; I am randomly having the same issues.

it’s almost always better to create a new thread, than to revive a 2 year old  thread.

4 minutes ago, Hallsy said:

My PG and F18 modules which were purchased on Steam years ago have suddenly become unauthorized after a repair. I have investigated the log, but cant see anything obvious.

go here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/profile/

And click on "GET LICENSES" to refresh the data on your Steam purchases.

• Like 1