All paid modules are disabled!!

Dograw75

When I attempted to log on today to play all my modules were disabled (except for community mods) and I get this error.   Ive disabled AV, verified local files through steam (over 30 needed to be repaired) rebooted, verified date and time... all to no avail... Anyone got ideas?

dcsauth.png

Annddd this is what I hate and mistrust about online licenses.

There should only be a check if you are going online to play on a server.

Offline should be check free.  Otherwise, you run into problems like this.

• Like 1

SOLUTION - MOVE TO STANDALONE (its easy) .  I believe this is a Steam Issue as issues in other games today also.

Benefits

Support DCS, that means more money for ED and third party dev's to spend money on dev time.  Steam do nothing yet take a large % that could be spent on more dev's to improve DCS>

I honestly think if your passionate enough to be on the forums and want to play, think about supporting the product, no excuse.

Also gives you ability to try modules for free and not limited to steam sales (as there are contant winges and wines when is it coming to steam etc).

The ultimate bonus, less overhead being run so more performance for your CPU/GPU to run DCS.

Negatives

Zero

PS and just to reinforce this - on our server tonight (around 30 people on) all the regulars had no problems with any of their modules.

A few newer players on steam that have not converted over couldnt play.  Switched to standalone and you wont get this issue ever again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

Negatives

Zero

No pre- and unattended autoupdate, no Steam infrastructure (semiautomatic online screenshot repository, Community Hub, etc), no Steam streaming (for those who use it), no friend lists, no easy version select, etc etc etc -- and that's assuming you've got only a single game (which doesn't need cloud storage). People don't use Steam just for the giggles. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

The ultimate bonus, less overhead being run so more performance for your CPU/GPU to run DCS.

I presume you're joking. You're joking, right? Gauging 200MB of Steam memory footprint's influence on DCS isn't funny, though. 

• Thanks 1

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

On 10/20/2021 at 8:05 AM, Черный Дракул said:

No pre- and unattended autoupdate, no Steam infrastructure (semiautomatic online screenshot repository, Community Hub, etc), no Steam streaming (for those who use it), no friend lists, no easy version select, etc etc etc -- and that's assuming you've got only a single game (which doesn't need cloud storage). People don't use Steam just for the giggles. 

I presume you're joking. You're joking, right? Gauging 200MB of Steam memory footprint's influence on DCS isn't funny, though. 

Nope i see nothing of any value in any of this, or equally anyone that was into simulations.

For example, friends are in the real world.  Online players that you play with are available via discord / SRS that are required for communication.

Screenshots live in the screenshots folder in saved games.

Steam does use an overhead, why run it alongside a game when you dont have to.  For VR players every part of your CPU and memory is valuable (and thats someone with 64gb of ram, 5ghz CPU and 2080TI)

Lastly, if you serious about improving DCS dont give a large % for steam who do nothing.  Support the product.

I rest my case.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK
  • Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

• ED Team

It looks like there was a steam API issue. 

Please go to your ED account page and rebind your steam modules if you are using standalone

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/#3303126

if you are still having problems contact support directly 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

i see nothing of any value in any of this

That's not because it doesn't provide value, though -- more likely because you haven't used this to its extent yet. For several examples...

friends are in the real world.  Online players that you play with are available via discord / SRS that are required for communication.

which is just not how it works. When a member of your friendlist is online, you know he's interactable. And if you have fun playing together, you'll find Discord channel or other means of communication, which is secondary to said list. Also, your main objection was a memory footprint of Steam -- well, you've just traded it with Discord's of around the same size (160-210MB depending on server content). And I don't even mention this friendlist integration into many games, where you can invite a player to/join a game via a single menu function press from the overlay. It's a bliss if it's implemented. 

Screenshots live in the screenshots folder in saved games

Yes, and you have to go to picture hosting and manually upload these to share them. Of course, then you have to link them somewhere on some forum and invite people who'se opinion matters to look at it and comment, if necessary. And if the upload site decides this picture is too old, you know what happens. 

An alternative: take, easily manage, comment in one overlay app which doesn't remove your content. E.g. 

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

2014. Even all comments are in place (although this is not a page with these, unlike https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=274487209). 

dont give a large % for steam who do nothing

If it was doing nothing, DCS would not be there. Players are there. Games are there. Communities are there (and on Reddit, obviously). And it's all done not by EGS (ha!), not by Microsoft Store, not even by GoG -- by Steam. If you want to be in players' filed of view, you have to be on Steam, period. Yes, they take 30% off your sales. Yes, they could take 20 or even 15 and take no hit for it. But it's unavoidable. 

Also, AFAIK ED still does not provide meaningful user migration back and forth -- so you're basically stuck with the version you're using. 

Edited by Черный Дракул

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup: