CV-59 Forrestal Feedback Thread

IronMike

Well that's disappointing. At least the AI can use it.

Is the burble modeled only for the Tomcat, or for everything? I just did my first Hornet trap and had a slight float right about where one would expect the updraft, then a bit of a sink as I was nearing the ramp. Felt like burble but maybe placebo? 

5 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Well that's disappointing. At least the AI can use it.

Is the burble modeled only for the Tomcat, or for everything? I just did my first Hornet trap and had a slight float right about where one would expect the updraft, then a bit of a sink as I was nearing the ramp. Felt like burble but maybe placebo? 

Afaik it´s only for the Tomcat at the moment.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

2 hours ago, Top Jockey said:

So far it appears to be a bug...

Stop well short of the shuttle for cat 3. In an F/A-18, my tailpipe is still hanging out over the JBD when I lower the launch bar and hit the "U" key. Give that a try. Start way back and each time you hit the U key with no result, scootch forward a few feet and try again. Eventually you'll find the sweet spot 👍.  It's a bug but one that HB will be able to fix I'm sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Stop well short of the shuttle for cat 3. In an F/A-18, my tailpipe is still hanging out over the JBD when I lower the launch bar and hit the "U" key. Give that a try. Start way back and each time you hit the U key with no result, scootch forward a few feet and try again. Eventually you'll find the sweet spot 👍.  It's a bug but one that HB will be able to fix I'm sure.

Thank you, I can give it a try ! 

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

22 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

You nailed it !

Indeed, starting with the nose gear from much behind the shuttle (with the tailpipe still hanging out over the JBD), and then hitting U key eventually the aircraft will be bounced into the catapult's shuttle and connect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Would it be better to have a seperate forum section for the Forrestal? Just to tidy things up?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Would it be better to have a seperate forum section for the Forrestal? Just to tidy things up?

Could be moved to general HB subforum.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

22 minutes ago, toni said:

Which is the Forrestal Tacan guys ?

Mission designer decides if it is available and how it is set up. It is usually told in mission briefing.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

15 minutes ago, draconus said:

Mission designer decides if it is available and how it is set up. It is usually told in mission briefing.

@draconus,

By any chance was this confirmed, or it doesn't have nothing to do with TACAN not appearing sometimes ?

( At quickstart / instant action, Forrestal case 1 recovery ; Mission Editor - Triggered Actions TACAN shows 74X, when Route TACAN shows 59X ... )

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/284649-feedback-thread-f-14-patch-jester-lantirn-uss-forrestal-oct-20th-2021-hotfix-oct-28th/?do=findComment&comment=4823966

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

16 minutes ago, Ozone1 said:

Don't suppose anyone has a link to the Forrestal paintkit by any chance? I need CV-67! 

It's not even close to the same class.

• Like 1

Well, it's the closest thing we have, isn't it...? And it's actually not far off at all. The Kittyhawk Class was literally an improved Forrestal class, with the only real differences being the elevator placement and being slightly longer. So you tell me what's a closer class of carrier to the Forrestal then? I'll wait... 

7 hours ago, draconus said:

It's not even close to the same class.

The Kennedy was an offshoot of the Kitty Hawk and was herself even more different. Slapping a 67 on the Stennis wouldn't be that much different either, Stennis probably has an elevator layout closer to the Kennedy than Forrestal. Stennis and Forrestal were longer slightly than Kennedy but the in-game Stennis scale is off.

Stennis > Kennedy conversion is actually the better choice for deck layout:

aj7ura8axah41.png

• Like 3

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

If we ever get CVN-65 Enterprise,  I want custom skins of CVN-66 as Yorktown and JFK as variants of the same class. 

JFK was supposed to get 4 A3W reactors IIRC but the costs overruns on Enterprise scared them off.

Stennis model is much for size and layout of JFK.  Just needs a new island. 

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

18 hours ago, Ozone1 said:

Well, it's the closest thing we have, isn't it...? And it's actually not far off at all. The Kittyhawk Class was literally an improved Forrestal class, with the only real differences being the elevator placement and being slightly longer. So you tell me what's a closer class of carrier to the Forrestal then? I'll wait... 

Not far off huh? Are we looking at the same diagram? They are 2 totally different deck layouts. You can't even stack the deck the same. The only 2 comparisons is that they are both old and conventional! 
As @LanceCriminal86said, it would be better to do that to the Stennis...albeit a bit weird as well!

I'm sorry, but a 67 slapped on top of a Forrestal class is just blasphemous...

• Like 2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

17 hours ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

The Kennedy was an offshoot of the Kitty Hawk and was herself even more different. Slapping a 67 on the Stennis wouldn't be that much different either, Stennis probably has an elevator layout closer to the Kennedy than Forrestal. Stennis and Forrestal were longer slightly than Kennedy but the in-game Stennis scale is off.

Stennis > Kennedy conversion is actually the better choice for deck layout:

aj7ura8axah41.png

Are there similar diagrams showing side-by-side comparisons of different carriers in the same class, say CV59~62? I get lost on the differences between the different ships if they're in the same class. 

Edited by Nealius

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

Are there similar diagrams showing side-by-side comparisons of different carriers in the same class, say CV59~62? I get lost on the differences between the different ships if they're in the same class.

Tbf, it would probably be quite difficult to spot the differences in a diagram like this.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@NealiusThe differences within classes were pretty minimal. The Ranger and Indy were a liiittttleee bit different from the Forrestal and Saratoga, but otherwise very hard to discern. I think the America had a slightly different funnel from the Kitty Hawk and Connie, and Kennedy herself different from the rest of them.

Deck layout and scale problems really do make the Stennis a decent candidate for at least a 67 renumber. Probably no way to add smoke to her though.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, with the Forrestal and indeed any carrier spawning one F14 next to another will cause will cause one of the aircraft to explode or more likely suffer a fire and damage to one wingtip.  For any sort of gameplay the F14 and Carrier are crippled.  It has been posted in many threads many times but unfortunately no response other than an 'investigating' tag on one post thats been there for a long time.

An acknowledgement of the problem even with a cursory 'its on the to do list' is better than a silence and avoid some of the frustration.

• Thanks 1

SIGBLOCK.png