last update joystick assignations lost

Japo32

same problem here.   anyone know how to solve?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I had to rebind everything as well...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Yes, sadly some (but not all) of the assigned bindings got lost. I had to re-assign them (for instance: pilot salute, wing sweep, flaps, speed brakes, landing gear).

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

if only we had been warned..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The controller assignment file in Saved Games shouldn't have been deleted by the update, so can't we just reload that in the menu? I'm hoping that's the case, because I had a complex throttle curve to get the Warthog's AB detent to work with the Tomcat and digging up that old thread is a pain.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ChuckyChuck:

What was your solution ? My rebinds are not recognized for wing sweep.

Actually I don't really know exactly. I did turn off the computer, though, and when I later got back to DCS I simply tried again, and it worked. 🤷‍♂️ Didn't do anything else.

• Like 1

I actually lost quite a few, but here's what you can do to make sure you get them all back without having to start from scratch.  You'll want to do this for keyboard, as well as your other controllers:

1. Take your existing  diff.lua backup (hopefully you have one) and open it in Notepad++.
  2. Save your existing controller configuration in 2.7.7 to another diff.lua.
  3. Open the new diff.lua in Notepad++ alongside the original.
  4. Use the Compare plug-in to compare the files side by side.  You'll likely see different controller codes on the top line (which is what is causing the deletion), but in the original file you'll still see the description of the control in the diff.lua.  Find this in DCS and apply the mappings used previously.
  5. After you do a few changes, save your diff.lua again (same filename).
  6. Return to Notepad++.  NPP should recognize that the file has been updated and prompt you to reload it.  Do this.
  7. Run Compare again and make sure the changes took.

Just keep doing this until you have rebuilt your controller profiles.  It's tedious, but at least you don't have to remember what you were doing with what combinations and rebuild from scratch. 

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nealius said:

The controller assignment file in Saved Games shouldn't have been deleted by the update, so can't we just reload that in the menu? I'm hoping that's the case, because I had a complex throttle curve to get the Warthog's AB detent to work with the Tomcat and digging up that old thread is a pain.

If it is not any trouble, do you mind sharing that Throttle curve? I'm having a time getting my Warthog Throttle detent to work with the Tomcat. 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

12 minutes ago, Jackjack171 said:

If it is not any trouble, do you mind sharing that Throttle curve? I'm having a time getting my Warthog Throttle detent to work with the Tomcat. 

This should work for both the A and B. That must be why we lost bindings. The A and B used to have separate controls, now they're shared under "F-14."

(Curve is for both left and right throttles)

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.10.22 - 10.28.52.92.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nealius said:

This should work for both the A and B. That must be why we lost bindings. The A and B used to have separate controls, now they're shared under "F-14."

(Curve is for both left and right throttles)

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.10.22 - 10.28.52.92.png

That did it! Thank you brother!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

This was odd. I use a Frankenstein setups (CH stick and Thrustmaster TWCS throttle. Only some of my mapped functions were lost, flaps up down, speed brake retract extend, and external lights master switch. The first two were assigned to HATs on the throttle and and the last one on a HAT on the stick. No biggie really as remapping them was a minute long task. What functions did you guys lose? 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I can not reassign wingsweep axis, the hat input is being ignored by DCS.
--disregard-- 
figured it out.

Please tell me how?? I cant assigned the wingsweep no matter what I do it doesnt save! I am with a Warthog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk