bindings error

wrl11

After today's patch several of my bindings now have a red circle with exclamation mark in it and they do not function (wing sweep the biggest issue). If I try to change it to keyboard, it has some type of warning like "proxy error" that flashes quickly and does not function. . 

2 hours ago, wrl11 said:

After today's patch several of my bindings now have a red circle with exclamation mark in it and they do not function (wing sweep the biggest issue). If I try to change it to keyboard, it has some type of warning like "proxy error" that flashes quickly and does not function. . 

yes me too

Hey guys, our apologies, it seems the update nuked some keybinds, however during testing I was able to simple reload the binds from my config backup, and did not have to delete the old folders, hence we thought it would be a minor issue. In hindsight we should have noted it in the changelog. We hope it is not too much of an inconvenience, apologies again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Hey guys, our apologies, it seems the update nuked some keybinds, however during testing I was able to simple reload the binds from my config backup, and did not have to delete the old folders, hence we thought it would be a minor issue. In hindsight we should have noted it in the changelog. We hope it is not too much of an inconvenience, apologies again.

I tried, in the game, importing config lua file under saved games config f-14 joystick input to no avail. It loads the file but the key binding does not appear. Any thoughts?

edit : Disregard. rebinded from scratch. 

Edited by m005106

I lost my wingsweep, speedbrake, all my LANTIRN, and many of my RIO HCU keybinds.  I was bale to restore some manually, but for some reason, it doe snot always see them coming from my HOTAS.  Keystrokes work fine tough.

Loved the training day LANTIRN mission too!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Good day, Gents. Mine too but below worked for me, used notepad++

* Copied the contents of my back-up joystick/default.lua to the F14B/F-14B-Pilot/joystick/default.lua

* Also did it for my back-up keyboard/default.lua to the F14B/F-14B-Pilot/keyboard/default.lua

* Then reloaded my old profiles for joystick, keyboard, rudder, throttle.

Hope this helps.

Edited by StarVenger
  • Like 1

MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge ACMSI RTX4090 Gaming X Trio 24G OCIntel I9-9900K32GB DDR4 Kingston Hyper X + Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WinWing Orion 2 F-16EX Viper Joystick + WinWing Orion 2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle with Finger Lifts + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Pico 4 + HP Reverb G2 + Track IR5 Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + LG 34GN850-B Monitor 

I ended up having to rebind mostly the stuff on my warthog throttle plus a few commands on my VFX Virpil stick...

I tried using my backup of the saved games/DCS folder for input for F-14B, F-14B RIO, F-14, and F-14 RIO and that didn't work...

I also tried manually loading the .luas from the controls menu ingame and that didn't work either...

Finally I threw up my hands into the air and rebind my pilot controls (since I mostly fly and not RIO) but i'm not looking forward at all to rebinding the RIO commands (those are really a pain to setup)

at least give us some advanced warning of needing to rebind stuff / figure out some way we can use our existing binds or at least most of them

as complex as the F-14 is it really is a giant pain to rebind controls for both the Pilot and the RIO (for me the RIO is the biggest pain to rebind, pilot is far less complex and alot easier)

I mean I even saved my DCS saved games folder before the update and still it wouldn't accept my existing custom binds I had done, really truly annoying...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, itarrow said:

I use DCS World Target Profile CTS configurator for my Warthog and at the moment, even reloading luas and rebuilding the profile doesn’t work…

Any clue about what I should to to get it back working ?

I had to rebuild both the Pilot and RIO profiles for everything.  CTS 2.62 is in beta testing right now and should be available shortly pending  a lack of bug reports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Home Fries said:

I had to rebuild both the Pilot and RIO profiles for everything.  CTS 2.62 is in beta testing right now and should be available shortly pending  a lack of bug reports.

Thanks for the outstanding CTS profiler as well as for the prompt support !