Briefing Room

_Heater_

1 hour ago, Paladin1cd said:

How does one get to it?

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\Supercarrier

Only shapes, not MP feature at the moment.

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

Do we realy need this briefing room ? I dont know whats the reason or function for a briefing room in DCS ? is it as a lobby/ chatroom for the multiplayer ?

The comunication system has planned a Lobby / Chatroom to multiplayer. The Briefing room has other steep to plan missions, get info, briefing and debriefings to the crew of the sides. And that can follow to implement Briefing rooms on airbases.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Except all of that is done before you even start the mission, so it's pointless. Briefing is done outside of the sim. DCS doesn't have a mission planning tool and won't ever compete with a proper briefing on TS \ discord until one is made to work in mp and sp.

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 8

☝️Absolutely this. What we need first, is proper/complete mission planning tools, for both single and multiplayer. Then once that is complete, a cool briefing room interface could be implemented to creat a unique way of accessing said tools.

Seems very much the cart is being put before the horse here. What can meaningfully be briefed in our new briefing room, when there’s now way to currently plan a mission correctly?

• Like 10

On 1/31/2022 at 3:21 AM, norman99 said:

☝️Absolutely this. What we need first, is proper/complete mission planning tools, for both single and multiplayer. Then once that is complete, a cool briefing room interface could be implemented to creat a unique way of accessing said tools.

Seems very much the cart is being put before the horse here. What can meaningfully be briefed in our new briefing room, when there’s now way to currently plan a mission correctly?

I agree, but if this briefing room is the first sign of proper/complete mission planning and briefing tools coming to DCS eventually, i.e. the cart will eventually lead to a horse being put in front, I'm fine with that. Let's hope for the best.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, BarTzi said:

Except all of that is done before you even start the mission, so it's pointless. Briefing is done outside of the sim. DCS doesn't have a mission planning tool and won't ever compete with a proper briefing on TS \ discord until one is made to work in mp and sp.

Sorry but I think you are completely wrong. The Briefing room will be an integral part of many virtual squadrons and will facilitate a lot of activities...Especially squadrons that are part of a larger CSG and need to coordinate their spawning etc in the Super Carrier which only has limited spots!

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

10 hours ago, Greekbull said:

Sorry but I think you are completely wrong. The Briefing room will be an integral part of many virtual squadrons and will facilitate a lot of activities...Especially squadrons that are part of a larger CSG and need to coordinate their spawning etc in the Super Carrier which only has limited spots!

Been there, done that. Coordinating spawns can be done via discord / spectator slots as well. You are making this sound like you can't do this at the moment.

You are also falsely assuming that spawning in the ready room means no plane will be spawned on deck. Nobody knows that.

Edited by BarTzi

On 2/3/2022 at 1:04 AM, BarTzi said:

Been there, done that. Coordinating spawns can be done via discord / spectator slots as well. You are making this sound like you can't do this at the moment.

You are also falsely assuming that spawning in the ready room means no plane will be spawned on deck. Nobody knows that.

Well aware of how to Coordinate this on Discord.  We are doing that now and I'm pretty sure there isn't a larger multiplayer naval group out there than ours.  But, the briefing room will be a integral part of our operations.  My point is just because it isn't a priority for you or your group, doesn't mean it won't be of huge importance to others;)

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

3 hours ago, BarTzi said:

Proove me wrong when it launches - I will gladly take my words back.

Well unless it is completely devoid of features then I hope that I will...I'm sure Discord will still be used until we are in the Jet for Coms...but we are very much expecting to do the briefs...maybe even debriefs in the ready room...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 3:37 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

The comunication system has planned a Lobby / Chatroom to multiplayer. The Briefing room has other steep to plan missions, get info, briefing and debriefings to the crew of the sides. And that can follow to implement Briefing rooms on airbases.

The Supercarrier will have more than one REady room available on Multiplayer missiones ??? i ask, becouse, the reals SC have 1 ready room for squadron (4+ Sq per SC), and in multiplayer missions, have more than one crews its normal. Regars! 

Any super carrier development is welcome its been out 2 years, but me I'm with others I cant see the point to this, I doubt our squad will use it, id rather have a more fleshed out deck experience for night time landings and take offs, and operational deck lifts we could use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2