Briefing Room

_Heater_

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, hanab said:

No roadmap = no plan 

surprising but you are the project manager (who works without a plan).  

Good luck for the future.

you are not paying attention, I said all projects still in development continue, we need to finish what we have started. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Besides, I highly doubt ED works without a roadmap. They're just not sharing, because then there'd be whining when plans change. And given the current epidemiological and political situation, they very well might. Let's just say it's not a good year to make long term plans (and we're not even at a halfway point!). 

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Cal1664 said:

My opinion is based on the majoritys thinking on the matter, as evedenced by the comments within this thread and other. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

14 hours ago, headbreaker_ger said:

If ED would just stick the Wands with tape to the models, even it might have looked like an early 1999 era game and said "Yeah it's interim because we did hear ya it will be better, but that's a fast fix" many if not most user would cut you the slag for it. 

Exactly this!

Honestly, it wouldn’t be that hard for any component 3D modeller to simply add some sticks to the models. Even if they weren’t visually perfect, and simply appeared/disappeared with the same trigger as the rest of the carrier lighting, that would please almost everyone as a short term fix.

We don’t need an overly complicated solution, such as the animations pulling wands out of their pockets. We just need something simple we can see at night.

Edited by norman99
  • Like 4

• ED Team
9 hours ago, norman99 said:

Exactly this!

Honestly, it wouldn’t be that hard for any component 3D modeller to simply add some sticks to the models. Even if they weren’t visually perfect, and simply appeared/disappeared with the same trigger as the rest of the carrier lighting, that would please almost everyone as a short term fix.

We don’t need an overly complicated solution, such as the animations pulling wands out of their pockets. We just need something simple we can see at night.

It is not just sticking them on, it needs to be done properly you will need to continue to be patient. 

This thread is coming to an end, I have replied that the wands are coming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 1/30/2022 at 7:34 PM, Schlomo1933 said:

Do we realy need this briefing room ? I dont know whats the reason or function for a briefing room in DCS ? is it as a lobby/ chatroom for the multiplayer ?

Well they gotta add something to the Moneyboat to make it worth $50

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/31/2022 at 2:34 AM, Schlomo1933 said:

Do we realy need this briefing room ? I dont know whats the reason or function for a briefing room in DCS ? is it as a lobby/ chatroom for the multiplayer ?

Exactly! To make it worse ED still haven’t described any features or functions that the Briefing Room/Airboss will include.

@BIGNEWY Can you please update the community on what sort of new features we can expect with the Briefing Room/Airboss, or even just their general purpose?

It doesn’t have to be detailed or exhaustive, nor does it need a timeline, simply the minimum functions ED has considered as part of these new developments. This may help improve the mood here, generating some interest and excitement rather then the complaints and despair presently felt. It would also help customers better understand some of the reasons behind EDs development priorities.

Absence of any details, we can only conclude that ED has no idea themselves what they are capable of delivering. Surely that is not the impression ED wants it’s customer base to be left with?

• Like 11

It seems the left hand isn't talking to the right, as none of the Briefing room images nor info from the newsletter made it into the "Super Carrier Mini-updates" thread, last post march last year. Interesting, maybe we have too many official threads of info and need to consolidate ? 

Glad to see the SC finally getting some love and TLC

Edited by Shrike88

17 hours ago, norman99 said:

Exactly! To make it worse ED still haven’t described any features or functions that the Briefing Room/Airboss will include.

@BIGNEWY Can you please update the community on what sort of new features we can expect with the Briefing Room/Airboss, or even just their general purpose?

Someone read the develop updates?

The 3D Briefing Room will offer interactive squadron meeting capability. This is particularly interesting for multiplayer action, pre-mission start and for after action review. Our Integrated Voice Chat will also allow real-time coms with your squadron. An interactive map, PLAT camera, Greenie and Kill boards will provide simultaneous online statistics during mission progression. Each pilot seat in the briefing room includes an interactive tablet that will allow you to control the fueling and arming of your aircraft.   

• Like 2

“Project Managers play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing projects. They're expected to deliver a project on time, within the budget, and brief while keeping everyone in the know and happy."

“They know how to effectively do the following:

• Define activity
  • Sequence activity
  • Estimate the duration of activity
  • Develop a schedule
  • Maintain a schedule”

I’m really not complaining, at the end it is only a game and I can leave without a perfect software but I believe the way you are managing client relationship stating some PM absurdity are far to be perfect and that’s pretty annoying.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

We'll see what will come of it, if there will be ...
I only regret that when a new module comes out, the previous ones are almost abandoned or remain stationary for a long time.

• Like 4

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

It is not just sticking them on, it needs to be done properly you will need to continue to be patient.

Kind of a weird statement after ED's own update to FLIR broke only their own aircraft, where all other third parties (whether they meant to on purpose or not [Razbam]), managed to get it right without issue themselves.

This Briefing room for the SC  is kind of weird, I really wish ED would better explain what the purpose of it is for the game itself.

It seems ..... well, like a Briefing Room in-game to where you can't share powerpoints, but talk in voice I presume?

But it's... Supercarrier only?

It's a very strange puzzle piece in DCS, that I find interesting; but the lack of details as to what function it serves has been ever-lacking.

Limited to, but not necessarily including expansion to.... non-Naval rooms, is the part that really throws me off.

Edited by XCNuse
  • Like 6

I just really hope important issues with deck crew not accepting aircraft on catapults, or no DCS-way of causing the SC to create a specified wind over deck will come soon after the Briefing Room.

I'd make bug reports but I don't know to reproduce it despite some kind of issue happening almost every single event I fly. I'd have to test in multiplayer with clients and not everyone wants to just bug test for free lol. Hopefully ED's testers can look into it eventually.

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 2 weeks later...

With Top Gun Maverick coming finally next month and it's potential to boost interest in naval aviation, I'm hoping it will bring us some of the lomg awaited new features for the Supecarrier such as the briefing room or PriFly (fingers crossed.......)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jafergon said:

With Top Gun Maverick coming finally next month and it's potential to boost interest in naval aviation, I'm hoping it will bring us some of the lomg awaited new features for the Supecarrier such as the briefing room or PriFly (fingers crossed.......)

It´s my wish 1000x.

I use the Supercarrier since day 1 and almost everyday. I love carrier ops and all things related, but, in my opinion i think it will take more time

I´m always eager for an update for the Supercarrier but i also try to not think much about it, just training whenever i can and catching some bugs to report.

But the future is bright! 

We meet in the briefing room.

🙂

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

19 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

It is possible that ED might announce the F-4e, the F-15, and the south Atlantic map.

We are keeping our fingers crossed while waiting for new announcements. 

MFT

F-4E was annonced by Heatblur some mounths ago and has on early develop. The RAZBAM F-15E continue on develop and actually has none release planned. SA Map continue develop and expected to been released on 2022. About new announcements, check the "unofficial roadmap" when I group any ED and 3rd party info.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• Wags pinned this topic
17 hours ago, joey45 said:

IT's like they were working on it for about a year...

Supercarrier upcoming features (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Sure, and exactly one year earlier we had this news entry. 

• Like 2

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:32 PM, hanab said:

No roadmap = no plan 

surprising but you are the project manager (who works without a plan).  

Good luck for the future.

That’s just not a fair comment.

you know as well as I do that at the first sniff of something new will result in the “entitled” demanding it faster, then complaining that it’s not finished.

I do think that it’s a good deal quieter and more pleasant now that the developers are not revealing as much until they’re in a better state.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 1 month later...