Briefing Room

_Heater_

• 1 month later...

I can see a briefing room feature being appealing in DCS if the goal is to allow the player to give al little bit of atmosphere to pre-mission briefings, instead of just looking at the lifeless text and images that we currently have. Like give the player a lot of control over what the presentation looks like in Mission Editor and allow video and audio files to be embedded and incorporated into the briefing.

• Like 1

I'm hoping we will get a paint kit for this so we can customize it for our squadron.  Individual seat textures, billboards to put up pilot awards and such.

• Like 3

Ebein

Commander VFA-106 Gladiators

Modules : all but I-16.

Rig: Ryzen 2700x, 32gig 3200 ddr4 ram, Aorus 2080 TI, 512gb + 1tb SSD + 2x5TB raid HD

Controls: Vive sometimes TrackIR, Virpil AlphaR + Virpil Throttle, MFG crosswind pedals, Cougar MFDs, A-10 UFC

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, VFA41_Lion said:

is there an update on this? been half a year

On January 2023, ED post a update about your develops.

Supercarrier

Development Progress
Hero5.png

The Supercarrier has been receiving a lot of work behind the scenes. This can be divided into the following features:

Ready Room and PRIFLY (airboss deck). Both views will provide new functionality never seen before in a DCS product. To complete this, we will first need to release the Vulkan API into DCS. 

Both rooms will be a 3D environment that support VR and Voice Chat that allows you to:

Ready Room

• Review your mission brief and set up your aircraft.
  • View various cameras around the deck.
  • Chat with other players.
  • Review the mission map.
  • Live sounds from “the roof”.

PRIFLY

• View the deck below you.
  • Direct the carrier’s heading and speed with wind indications (permission controls available for network play).
  • Control deck lighting.
  • View PLAT CAM.
  • View plotting map.

New Plane Directors and Captains. The next big step is to add plane captains next to the aircraft that pass the pilot to a series of plane directors (yellow shirts) that will route the aircraft from its parking spot to the assigned catapult. Upon landing, yellow shirts will direct the aircraft from the landing box to its assigned parking location or back to a catapult.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dave76 said:

Hello any news on  deveopment of air boss station and working briefing room?thank you

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I remember ED sharing that they have to get Vulcan implemented first, before the briefing room becomes a reality in DCS.

Edited by BarTzi

• 3 weeks later...

For me and my DCS group this ready room feature is really excting news. Beeing able to talk (on discord or in game) and sitting in the same briefing room in the beginning of the mission, seeing each other and seeing the mission briefing and going over the details is great. I hope they make it easy to set up the briefings and making a way to draw on the slides as well as bringing in pictures/info from the encyclopedia. We have tried this in VTOL VR (which has a lot less complex missions) so it will be a great feature in DCS for sure. 

• Thanks 1

A-4E, F-5, F-18, F-16, UH-1H, KA-50 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

Anyone seen a briefing room around here?

From new-years newsletter:

The Supercarrier has been receiving a lot of work behind the scenes. This can be divided into the following features:

Ready Room and PRIFLY (airboss deck). Both views will provide new functionality never seen before in a DCS product. To complete this, we will first need to release the Vulkan API into DCS.

Source:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/710da5ca8e2b65946661b86f07269410/

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ThaVapor said:

I've been out-of-the-loop. Does ED project to have the Vulcan API in DCS this year (2024)?

Maybe. Maybe not. And if so, it doesn't mean we get the SuperCarrier things with it. 
Yeah, I may sound a little frutstrated,but that's just cause I am. 

Edited by SteelPig
  • Like 1