FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

No, I haven't noticed .. if anything, Marianas works smoother for me now, even if the fps are about the same as before.

Did you cleared the fxo and metashaders2 folders after the update?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

worse, for me the loss is 10to15 fps at low altitude and more than 30-40 at high altitude

I tried the usual metashader/fxo and deleted options.lua and redid the settings from scratch, no difference.

I am on windows 11, amd cpu and gpu but the previous build ran without issues, maybe it is related? 

My system is a bit dated but i am running quite conservative settings. All the usual stuff, game and paging file on nvme ssd, 32 gb ram and game folder exception on antivirus. I have no stuttering at all, just lower fps at the same settings using the free flight mission, f18 on caucasus-syria-persian gulf.

dcs.log DxDiag.txt

• Like 2

Previous build works fine to me, 60 fps everywhere (Syria, PG, Caucasus). Now sometimes got even 40, even on caucasus i have drops, completly unplayable, i'm on win 10.

Edited by Miro
  • Like 4

:pilotfly:

Unfortunatelly I lost almost 10 fps after this patch.   deleted fxo metashaders etc...   nothing smooth now.   especially f-14 tomcat is useless now.  I have landed to new carrier forrestal with slideshow framerates.   low flight over buildings also effected.  no matter small areas or large city areas, buildings causes fps drop. before patch there was no problem.
I am very disappointed, my setting was the best for my rig.  the patch has ruined everything.

i7 4770k @4.2  gtx 1070  16gb ram.

Edited by archer86

And I thought dynamic reflections in Mossie's cockpit were putting some extra strain on my old 1070 when flying near Kobuleti... Lost some frames as well. Looks like I'm not the only one.

I'm a bit worried the new gorgeous water might be the culprit (after all, I believe it's still rendered under all terrain whether we look at it or not), but I already got it on "low" so can't get any lower. 

Updated the drivers, will reset options.lua, lower the shadows and clouds quality and see If I can get some fps back.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Cant say how many fps I lost, cause VR, but I lost some performance. When I fired up the same simple mission Ive been flying for the past week, I could barely maintain 45 fps anymore - it would frequently  dip down below 45 fps, and even when on 45 fps, it wasnt as smooth as before the update. So something cost something. Water shader maybe?

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

12 minutes ago, Knock-Knock said:

Cant say how many fps I lost, cause VR, but I lost some performance. When I fired up the same simple mission Ive been flying for the past week, I could barely maintain 45 fps anymore - it would frequently  dip down below 45 fps, and even when on 45 fps, it wasnt as smooth as before the update. So something cost something. Water shader maybe?

Exactly what is happening to me !

• ED Team

Hi all, 

Make sure windows and all drivers are up to date, remove any unofficial mods or shader edits and run a slow repair or verify if steam.

please attach your dcs.log and a short track replay showing situations where you have a fps loss. 

I am not seeing any issue myself, but I do have a strong system. I have made the team aware however. 

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, Tolovay said:

Tell me please, what is a "strong" system? I realy wish to know. It is not a troll question.

His Specs are in his signature... look closely

in case you cam't see them:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Seeing the same. Mines not a super strong system but its been working well enough. Game becomes unplayable when I get to french coast on channel map. in mossie. I'm not running any mods at all. No windows updates to be downloaded. Cleaned out fxo and metashaders folder. Also cleared app data local temp folder. Very few items on my mission and it was playing very well before the latest update. I'll try to remember to grab the dcs.log. Only thing I can think to do is clean and reinstall gfx driver. Really just posting to say I'm seeing the same issue as above.

edit;

Tried reinstalling gfx driver. Reduced game textures for water, and distance. Windows fully updated without going to windows 11. Slow repair completed. FXO and metashaders cleared. Flew Jericho and game crashed at French coast. Then flew the mission I'm working on and got a 10fps slideshow at the French coast. I've flown all these missions before with no issues at higher settings. My card is only a Radeon RX580 but until the recent update it was working great. I cant find a track to upload. I could open the mission in multiplayer to get a track if needed but not sure the forum would upload it either.

dcs.log

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Iceviper
added dcs log