FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

33 minutes ago, Hiob said:

in case you cam't see them:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I know!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

Make sure windows and all drivers are up to date, remove any unofficial mods or shader edits and run a slow repair or verify if steam.

please attach your dcs.log and a short track replay showing situations where you have a fps loss. 

I am not seeing any issue myself, but I do have a strong system. I have made the team aware however. 

Thanks

11 hours ago, NukeBear01 said:

lost 10FPS here,too

Fortunately I have a habit of saving screenshots

90481676_11DigitalCombatSimulator2021_5_1720_59_33.jpg.f5defd1f68070c6c7e202437c301f7ac.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator 2021_10_21 9_19_23.png

• Like 1

And here I was, jumping into the forum to say how great the sim is running. I also notice a crispness, a clarity, to the graphics. My temps seems to have dropped a bit. I'm running an AZUS gaming computer with a 6gb video card. 16gb of RAMM. Framerates aren't something that worry me. As long as I get a smooth running game, I don't even look at framerates. To me, CPU and GPU temps are more important. They seems to have dropped a bit.

It’s not just about fps and frametimes,  but when you drop below and stutter say ASW locked hz. It’s noticeable.  especially the day prior flying same mission same settings perfectly fine and after patch that’s not the case anymore.  Yes the sim seems clearer and some more enhanced shaders came in this update.  That being said. Something is off for some of us even after repairs.  Good example get in the Hind turn on all the in cockpit lighting and see a huge draw on gpu.  Fly low to the new water. Look out the side of cockpit while doing it.

Even the f18 which has been the most optimized pit on performance for me I see anywhere from 10 to 30 percent increase usage on the gpu now.  Oh well it’s a DCS thing. It’s all a mystery.

• Like 2

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

22 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

To me, CPU and GPU temps are more important. They seems to have dropped a bit.

This comment is actually a bit silly (sorry). All it means is the game is using them less. Usually what you'd want is the game to utilize hardware as much as possible, which would mean that temps go up. This is not an issue, unless something is wrong with users hardware, ie. crappily cooled laptop, too much dust, high ambient temp etc. resulting in too high temps. 

Edited by ChainsawAkimbo
  • Like 1

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

3 hours ago, heroe said:

I think it has to do with the new reflections of the water, when flying very low in the water the FPS in my case drops a lot, in the past it never did.

I tried both, water to low and grass off, nothing changes, still got slideshow. GTX1080 usage near 100% all time, on previous builds 70%, 100% over Incirlik, and FPS drop to 59 FPS (only over Incirlik and Damascus). From yesterday 59 FPS i can reach over plain desert in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by Miro
  • Like 2

:pilotfly:

lost FPS here as well...it used to be that switching from caucuses to Nevada meant a 30-35 fps to a 45 -50 fps(Blackshark/Hind treetop level)....now there's no change whatsoever...its a constant 30 ish. That I find very strange.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

5 hours ago, Hiob said:

His Specs are in his signature... look closely

in case you cam't see them:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As Mjugen said, we don't have those things on. So I don't see it. Well, now I see. With that kind of PC it really does not matter if you have all updates. Anyway, price/performance ratio with 3090 is laughable. I also wish to see also his settings in DCS and nvidia control panel. But with my I7 and 1080ti, G2 reverb, z390 and some 32gigs, it does matter. And as I'm noticing DCS is becoming more demanding each year while the majority of players (my pure guess) can't follow this. Because they don't have that kind of money (we all know how f... is market right now because of those f... bitcoin miners) or they are just not that crazy to spend so much money on overpriced, lottery defective GPU's and other components. And with my 1300€ spent on DCS modules, I can be pissed off. Pissed off on rotating ventilators on climatization devices in Nevada map, nipples, nuts, bicycles and all those worthless things that are really not important because if you are serious flyer in DCS, those little things don't count. You can't see them. And it pisses me off cause DCS engine still is limited and it can not fully exploit hardware. And unimportant things are added, eating away those precious resources. That was my 50 cents. If my GPU die before prices drops, goodbye DCS for long time 😞 .

Edited by Tolovay
  • Like 7

Uh, updating NV drivers didn't help. Tinkering with settings doesn't help all that much either and that's much more puzzling.

I've gone from "castrated" high to medium preset (with more than half parameters set to low as previously anyway), I've been trying out various GPU-intensive options one by one (clouds, shadows, grass, terrain detail), knowing very well that my GTX 1070 is THE bottleneck, but surprisingly, they yield only +/- 2 fps or so difference... even between low and high. 

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

3 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Uh, updating NV drivers didn't help. Tinkering with settings doesn't help all that much either and that's much more puzzling.

I've gone from "castrated" high to medium preset (with more than half parameters set to low as previously anyway), I've been trying out various GPU-intensive options one by one (clouds, shadows, grass, terrain detail), knowing very well that my GTX 1070 is THE bottleneck, but surprisingly, they yield only +/- 2 fps or so difference... even between low and high. 

You can stop trying guys, i already tried everything from today morning till dusk, every option, every driver, everything...

• Thanks 1

:pilotfly:

They need to talk more about Vulcan to us ...show us the results...show us that we will be able to run this thing LIKE WE USED TOO...at this point people are getting angry. There's an easy fix,just show us more of what DEV tests are doing.

• Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Getting up to 20 FPS loss in same missions , nothing else has changed in my PC other than the latest patch .

( running 1440p , RTX 2080 . i9700K , 32GB ram , SSDs ,WIn10, mostly high settings in game , Trackir )

Flying around the carrier went from 100 fps down to 80's ! )

.. new water looks good though !!

IF this slowdown is due to the enhance water effect, why doesn't DCS have this as a toggle in Options?

• Like 3

5600x, EVGA 3070 FTW, B550 Tomahawk, M.2 Samsung, 32GB CL16, AIO 240mm
VKB Gladiator Pro, Freetracker IR 3d printed, TM MkII HOTAS circa 1985 w/USB
Asus 27" 2560x1440 60fps (so constrain DCS to 60fps)    F-16, F-18
       2021 = First year on DCS:

I hadn't heard that DCS was supposed to get Vulcan. I used to fly XPLANE 11 before MSFS 2020, and when XPLANE went over to Vulcan, the difference in performance was dramatic, to say the least. When is that supposed to happen?

Edited by Ercoupe

8 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

I hadn't heard that DCS was supposed to get Vulcan. I used to fly XPLANE 11 before MSFS 2020, and when XPLANE went over to Vulcan, the difference in performance was dramatic, to say the least. When is that supposed to happen?

REALLY GOOD question...anyways, I just went in and did a dogfight with a mig in a hornet...looking at nothing but sky...30 fps...that's ridiculous.

Edited by Raven434th
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

They've been working on it and occasionally writing something in newsletters since 2017 (if not earlier). Many posts and threads on the subject. There's no published expected release timeframe though.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I also noticed that ALT-Enter makes a little to no difference, where it used to add 10 fps(give or take)..it was a life saver and for me as it added a comfortable buffer to that dreaded line 24fps.Now that seems to be gone. I did try turning off Vsnyc...it helps but only at high altitudes it seems(looking at sky now gives 45 ish fps as opposed to 30 with it on.

6 hours ago, Miro said:

You can stop trying guys, i already tried everything from today morning till dusk, every option, every driver, everything...

At least for me this was not quite true. Changing the water from medium to low and the visibility range from high to medium did get enough fps back to what I had before the patch.

Obviously this is a worse user experience for me, but at least it's playable. I see no benefit from the water shaders, it's a step backwards for me.

Yes OP, same amount for frame rate loss, I am building a mission so start in the same place each time (Tblisi), before patch no frame loss, solid 60 capped for track IR,  now 5 - 10 fps gone no changes from my side, which turns it into a bit of a stutter fest.

5 hours ago, deep said:

At least for me this was not quite true. Changing the water from medium to low and the visibility range from high to medium did get enough fps back to what I had before the patch.

Obviously this is a worse user experience for me, but at least it's playable. I see no benefit from the water shaders, it's a step backwards for me.

Soon, there will be a slider for seabed flatnesss 😄 .