FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

7 hours ago, deep said:

At least for me this was not quite true. Changing the water from medium to low and the visibility range from high to medium did get enough fps back to what I had before the patch.

Obviously this is a worse user experience for me, but at least it's playable. I see no benefit from the water shaders, it's a step backwards for me.

Well, changing visibility to medium, and trees below 100% on 1080p flatscreen is going too far for me, i don't take it into account.

:pilotfly:

I also have a big performance issue.

• (As an Oculus Quest 2 VR user, i am using openComposite to play and now it does not work anymore -> but this is an issue the openComposite developer has to fix)
  • My FPS went from stable 90fps to 45-70fps. 

Lowering the graphic settings gives nearly no performance-boost, maybe 5-10fps. I apologize for writing this, but you really screwed up with the update in terms of performance.

• Like 10

I had also a performance loss. but it was ok in first place. Then I thought it would be good idea to update nvidia driver. From my previous 472.12 I updated to 496.13.

And THEN, I had a real drop of performance 😲. It stutters and hangs, sometimes game freezes for some seconds. And when it doesn't, it has still less (previous 70, now 50).

I then reversed my Nvidia back to 472.12 and the stutters ends. I am curious, if other have the same experiances. you can find old drivers from nvidia here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Edit: Seams more to be a combination of settings.

Edited by Limaro

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

6 minutes ago, Limaro said:

I had also a performance loss. but it was ok in first place. Then I thought it would be good idea to update nvidia driver. From my previous 472.12 I updated to 496.13.

And THEN, I had a real drop of performance 😲. It stutters and hangs, sometimes game freezes for some seconds. And when it doesn't, it has still less (previous 70, now 50).

I then reversed my Nvidia back to 472.12 and the stutters ends. I am curious, if other have the same experiances. you can find old drivers from nvidia here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Personaly for me DCS best performs on archaic 442.19, but still unplayable.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Upon investigation the GI option, which until now didn't affect FPS at all, now is the primary reason for fps tank. Disabling it return more than half of the framerate loss from this patch for me. Weird.

Also it seems that object rendering distances are higher now for same settings. I will try to reduce them and see what happens.

EDIT: View distances don't do anything. Also performance reduction from simply getting into cockpit seems bigger.
Btw, how can it be, that we STILL don't have the option to change the quality of cockpit reflections? I suspect they might be the reason for this

Edited by m4ti140

32 minutes ago, m4ti140 said:

Upon investigation the GI option, which until now didn't affect FPS at all, now is the primary reason for fps tank. Disabling it return more than half of the framerate loss from this patch for me. Weird.

Also it seems that object rendering distances are higher now for same settings. I will try to reduce them and see what happens.

EDIT: View distances don't do anything. Also performance reduction from simply getting into cockpit seems bigger.
Btw, how can it be, that we STILL don't have the option to change the quality of cockpit reflections? I suspect they might be the reason for this

What is GI option ?

• Thanks 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I guess Global Illumination (Cockpit?) I tried and did not observe any difference. (Nvidia 472.12) I will try also the 442.19 driver

• Like 2

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

Screen_211022_221454.png

This is my testing view, most demanding place everywhere in DCS World (Marianas not count) In last build i got 59FPS, now 45FPS. Some counters in top left corner seems not working, or something is wrong.

@lefuneste01   GI Global Illumination i think, but in my case did not change anything 

Since the patch, I've gone from mid 40's to mid 20's fps in my Rift S.

Im not overly tech savy when it comes to graphic settings. All I know is that before the patch I was flying along smoothly and spending hours enjoying the game, now I find myself shutting down after 30 minutes.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

• Like 2

Same fps lost as everyone Wich is problematic in VR ... 

Did not try to modify Global Illumination yet

New water texture as mentioned before are very nice by the way and as a real life pilot very similar to what you can see around 3 or 4 thousand feet . 

Wait and see ... 

Noticed this as well. Went from pretty much 60+ FPS in VR (Reverb G2) to something like 45-50fps. I will attach DCS.log etc in the morning

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Yes unfortunately i have also experienced a 10-20 fps loss since the update.

I have  fairly strong setup with a 2080ti and in my various test tracks i was averaging around 105 fps at 3440 x1440. Now the best i can do is 90-95 fps and sometimes worse.

A bit dissapointing as i really had the sim running well and just the way i wanted it.

12 hours ago, jpdesvals said:

Same fps lost as everyone Wich is problematic in VR ... 

Did not try to modify Global Illumination yet

New water texture as mentioned before are very nice by the way and as a real life pilot very similar to what you can see around 3 or 4 thousand feet . 

Wait and see ... 

i didnt use GI before but i can still see the 10-15 fps degradation

In my case the loss is very little to not-existing in heavy scenes (like on the ground in syria, marianas run the same as last update) but in very light scenes it is huge. In F2 camera, with only sky to render and my plane my pc was capable of 144fps with vsync. Now only 90. That's almost a 50 fps loss.

For what its worth, I kicked out the A-4 Community Mod and the Military Aircraft Mod (MAM), the latter I was using some  of the units of in the mission I had been flying for a while now, and was using as my 'benchmark'. Without these mods installed, I re-gained most if not all my fps - in VR, so hard to give exact numbers, but its smooth again.

As I reported earlier in the thread, I couldnt keep 45 fps after the update at Nellis for example, on the runway facing north. Had no problems with that before. But also when looking around while airborne, I would get really bad stutters, even with 45 fps. All this corrected itself with the above mentioned Mods uninstalled. Cant say if it was both or just one of them, or maybe just one of the planes in MAM.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Here's my log file and a track from SoW earlier today. Before the update I used to fly at +60fps in VR, now, at the same settings it's down to sometimes under 45fps, which is a massive drop.

Track:

https://we.tl/t-NfKnR2v7gM

dcs.log

• Thanks 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Well unfortunately its the same for me as well, 15-21fps drop and the only change on my end has been the update.

System: i9-9900k @5ghz all cores, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 24gb, Corsair Vengeance 64gb RAM, dedicated M.2 drives for OS, Temp and Game.

I play in 4k with everything pretty much maxed out and fly the same test before and after every patch.

Something has definately affected us all with this patch and hopefully they can sort it.

Pyroscot

Edited by wheelie
  • Thanks 2

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

What I noticed is that reducing your settings to below low (msaa off, shadows off, no reshade, vis range medium, clouds low, heat low, basically, all on low) gives the same FPS that I had before with clouds high, msaa x2, shadows low. 

Also changing from F14 to yak 52 does no fps change for me (before it did). It almost feels like FPS is capped at some value (40 for me) but in menu I get 200 plus so not the case. 

Nope, not Intel related. I’m experiencing about a 15-20fps drop. System is Ryzen 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4-3200, m.2 NVMe SSD.

I’m usually running VR on a Quest 2, but the drop happens with or without VR. I think I am noticing that the image is a bit clearer after the patch in VR, but at a significant expense of the frame rate.

Edited by davidrbarnette
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Calinho said:

go to: Users\[windows user]\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache

and delete all content of \DXCache folder

Done that and no difference mate.

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.