FPS Lost after DCS 2.7.7.14727 patch

Miro

On 10/30/2021 at 2:12 AM, Nealius said:

Rather than roll back the water enhancement entirely, why not make it a selectable option in the graphics settings like the clouds are? Add ULTRA to the settings for the new water enhancement. Select HIGH for 2.7.6 equivalent. 

I was thinking along the same lines the other day, why not give a lot more granular graphic settings all over the board for people using beta. We can actually test settings and provide feedback and reduce the amount for stable release or keep them with an advanced option 

• Like 3

God... it's all the same story all the time... Last time there was a problem with overexposed, too bright lighting. As always lots of ppl and devs said everything is fine. Until patch arrived, that corrected this. BTW anybody tried to delete terrain metacache?

Edited by q800

2 hours ago, q800 said:

God... it's all the same story all the time... Last time there was a problem with overexposed, too bright lighting. As always lots of ppl and devs said everything is fine. Until patch arrived, that corrected this. BTW anybody tried to delete terrain metacache?

Can you please stop being unproductive ?

The point is that ED need this input also, so they can look at it, before going to stable version, this is exactly the point of open beta. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For those who haven't tried yet:

1. Rename your "Saved Games/DCS..."  folder and keep it as a backup (it hols your custom settings, bindings, and SP career - do not delete this folder).
  2. Start DCS (a new "Saved Games/DCS..." folder will be created).
  3. Redo your graphics settings and see if performance is back.

If the above solves your problem and you want your custom settings back, copy-paste them from your backup:

• "Config/Input" holds your custom bindings.
  • "MissionEditor/UnitPayloads" holds your custom payloads.
  • "MissionEditor/logbook.lua" holds your SP career.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

9 minutes ago, Flappie said:

1. Rename your "Saved Games/DCS..."  folder and keep it as a backup (it hols your custom settings, bindings, and SP career - do not delete this folder).

If the above solves your problem and you want your custom settings back, copy-paste them from your backup:

Is the update still online? I just tried to and shows I'm current... I had rolled back to 2.7.6 few days ago.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

If you want to make sure you're using the latest version:

1. Browse to /DCS World.../bin.
  2. In the address bar above, replace the path by "cmd" and press Enter.
  3. Run this command: DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta  (or @release if you're using stable/release version)

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

20 hours ago, Flappie said:

That does the trick for me. FPS are back to normal, GPU frametime still take a little hit, but the stutter is gone.

I mean, it's not pre 2.7.7 performance, but it's better than it was.

You sir, are the man!!

Thank you so much for that discovery.

Edit: spoke to soon

Allowed myself to get distracted, then later noticed I had set my SVR per game resolution to 60 (testing something else), once i put it back to even 80, down goes the frame rates and up comes the stutter, especially on any map with clouds set to ultra.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

Tried as suggested - but alas, nothing changed here on my system.

Where to delete direct map shaders in DCS install folder? I haven't tried this yet.

EDIT: i found location >     E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Syria\misc\metacache\base

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Syria\misc\shadercache

EDIT2: It did not work for me

Edited by Miro
  • Like 1

:pilotfly:

One of the first things tried. Made no difference for me at the time. Will try again.

EDIT - No apparent difference. 2D.

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

6 hours ago, Hiob said:

Interesting content on how and why win11 may effect performance on certain cpu’s:

Interesting but it has nothing to do with this thread.

Performance loss is affecting Win10 users, VR users, 2D users, users with big specs, users with small specs, AMD and intel. For some its even a back breaking straw laid atop an already staggering camel. Its being reported in various threads under various guises, not just this one and its now conspiring with existing issies such as the fps hit with craters to make any meaningful play impossible.

There comes a point where there simply isnt any more track left on which the Choo Choo can run. Whats worse, the track has stopped dead in the middle of scalper country. 

There does appear to be a valid and pressing argument for more track either over, or alongside, better Choo Choo at present, albeit for a period.

Better Choo Choo alone isnt going anywhere for many of us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Yep , i too went from a staggering camel to a broken straw-back with the latest patch . 

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Funnily enough, I also get the feeling I get BETTER performance with Terrain Object Shadows set to Default instead of Flat.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

As Im about to change my system for a new windows 10 install on a new Ryzen system, I went ahead and nuked the windows registry as per the guides from AdamX etc that are floating around here. Usuall optimisation and registry alterations but without enabling the game bar or GPU scheduling.

Using the Mi24 weapons range Caucauses as a comparator the results did take me somewhat by surprise (firstly because the claimed increase in performace actually did, partially, transpire and b because of the difference between Stable and OB)

Pre tweak the OB put out 70fps  - post it still put out 70fps @ 1080P on mid range settings

Pre Tweak Stable put out 84 fps - post it puts out 92fps using the same settings.

Im a numpty but what it says to me is that windows liked DCS better a couple of months ago and that, somewhere, Ive lost a lot more than I first thought (about 25% in raw frames rate) even though i never knew i had it in the first place. 

Its a doozy

2 hours ago, Dzsekeb said:

Well, a stable update was just announced, with no fix in sight for the fps issues.

Im not seeing any announcment - link??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

As Im about to change my system for a new windows 10 install on a new Ryzen system, I went ahead and nuked the windows registry as per the guides from AdamX etc that are floating around here. Usuall optimisation and registry alterations but without enabling the game bar or GPU scheduling.

Using the Mi24 weapons range Caucauses as a comparator the results did take me somewhat by surprise (firstly because the claimed increase in performace actually did, partially, transpire and b because of the difference between Stable and OB)

Pre tweak the OB put out 70fps  - post it still put out 70fps @ 1080P on mid range settings

Pre Tweak Stable put out 84 fps - post it puts out 92fps using the same settings.

Im a numpty but what it says to me is that windows liked DCS better a couple of months ago and that, somewhere, Ive lost a lot more than I first thought (about 25% in raw frames rate) even though i never knew i had it in the first place. 

Its a doozy

Im not seeing any announcment - link??

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Merci Gentlemen

Well thats somewhat disheartening. 

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, =37.Sqn= Mjugen said:

Stable is out, @BIGNEWYso probably nothing new to expect now ?

correct it just means stable and open beta are now the same version, we are unable to find the cause of the fps drop some users are seeing. We continue to look into it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2