Jump to content

Second Pass with WMD7 and BRM-1, rockets will not fire


stoop
 Share

Recommended Posts

First pass is just fine, set quantity to 2 press the pickle button, 2 rockets out and kill the bad guy. Fly a circular orbit, move the WMD7 to point to a new target close to the first, T5_press to lock the target, fly in range, press pickle, the rockets do not come off the rails.

Is there a target reset or laser reset or something I have to do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Napillo said:

could it be that you're not waiting long enough for the laser to cool down?

No, it refuses to work until you depress the TDC, thus redesignating the point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 7:08 PM, Foogle said:

Yeah it doesn't seem to remember that it's a valid launch point, so you have to redesignate every time. 

Seems like a bug to me. 

 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, Juanillo said:

I can only fire in point, not area... Bug?

 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:04 PM, Napillo said:

could it be that you're not waiting long enough for the laser to cool down?

 

I´m no JF Expert by any means, but it seems to work fine on my end. 

No need to redesignate, wait for the Laser to cooldown or Point Track <- this you really only need for moving Targets. 

00:00:45 Initial Setup 00:01:20

First Attack 00:02:50

Second Attack 00:04:00

Re-Attack second Target

00:05:30 Third Target

00:06:10 BDA & Off

January 2022 DCS 2.7.9.18080 Open beta

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whenever the pod is masked while in point track, the SPI resets back to the Steerpoint. Dunno if that is correct behavior in the real one, but it'd be pretty odd if it is since area track doesn't do that. Also it remains ground stabilized in "INR" when that happens, so it still technically knows where it should be pointing - that leads me to believe that the SPI reset-on-mask behavior is a bug.

 

On the rockets themselves, I don't see why the BRMs require a SPI to be near the target area. I assumed they would just be dumb fire with the only launch restrictions being roll and G limits. And it also seems like a WMD-7 MUST be loaded even if it's not lasing, else they just won't track, so that needs to be looked at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, J20Stronk said:

And it also seems like a WMD-7 MUST be loaded even if it's not lasing, else they just won't track, so that needs to be looked at.

No, a WMD-7 must not be loaded for it to fire. I tested it out just now, as long as you have SPI within your front hemisphere, and within range they'll fire, but they don't seem to hit anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Napillo said:

No, a WMD-7 must not be loaded for it to fire. I tested it out just now, as long as you have SPI within your front hemisphere, and within range they'll fire, but they don't seem to hit anything.

That's what I said.

no WMD7 = No tracking on BRMs.

Clearly that's not correct.

And I imagine BRMs wouldn't need a SPI to fire seeing as they're just the Type-90 rockets with a laser seeker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 1:42 AM, J20Stronk said:

That's what I said.

no WMD7 = No tracking on BRMs.

Clearly that's not correct.

And I imagine BRMs wouldn't need a SPI to fire seeing as they're just the Type-90 rockets with a laser seeker.

 

As has been said, they do fire without a WMD-7 and they also track if you have an external designator guiding them in.

Needing a SPI or not in order to get a release cue may or may not be correct, but I like to think that some kind of designation makes sense and I´d rather scrap the attack than firing them unguided.

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...